Year of RTV900

paul

<P mce_keep="true">I have been reading posts from this forum for several months. All of you are lucky to have such a great group helping each other. </P>
<P mce_keep="true">I looked thru old posts and could not find a general "rule" for translating the serial number of a RTV900 into a model year. I purchased a slightly used RTV900 in April (only had 7/10 of 1 hour on the meter), from a dealer in Kentucky. The serial number is 31,4XX and not sure of the model year. I assume it is a newer one since it does not have the issue with stopping quickly when you let off the "gas" pedal, like the older ones did. The fuel cap leaks, but I will try the suggestion from earlier about adding another gasket to the cap.</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Any thoughts?</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Keep up the good posts!!</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">WELCOME TO THE FORUM PAUL ........ GLAD YOU CAME ABOARD !!!</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> Paul,</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> Don't hold me to this, but it seems, if I remember correctly, that your VIN # on your unit will go something like the ninthspot in your VIN NUMBER. </P>
<P mce_keep="true"> It will go something like : KRTV900AX0000000</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> Where the " X " is, should be the year >>>>></P>
<P mce_keep="true"> Might be wrong, but seems like that's what I was told. </P>
<P mce_keep="true"> Bczoom, correct me on this if I'm wrong >>>>>>></P>
<P mce_keep="true"><FONT size=4><FONT color=#ff0000> <FONT face=JohnHancock>~~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</FONT></FONT></FONT></P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum Paul!!!</p>

[quote user="TWO GUNS"] Bczoom, correct me on this if I'm wrong >>>>>>><font size="4"><font color="#ff0000"><font face="JohnHancock"> </font></font></font>[/quote]</p>

Yes, that's correct. The "X" where you described in the VIN is the year.</p>

There is a thread in here somewhere with an exact breakdown of mfgr. dates by VIN. Let me see if I can find it.</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Can't find it...</p>

A recent forum upgrade has zapped the search index. I'm working with Neil (Admin) on getting it rebuilt so we can get the info.</p>

Brian</p>

paul

<P mce_keep="true">I appreciate your help on this; and all of the posts I read everyday!!</P>
<P mce_keep="true"></P>
<P mce_keep="true">Thanks</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
You're quite welcome.</p>

Neil is going to try to rebuild the search index this weekend. Can you try another search afterwards? Do your search on things like "VIN" or "KRTV900A410xxxxx"</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">[quote user="Paul"]

I assume it is a newer one since it does not have the issue with stopping quickly when you let off the "gas" pedal, like the older ones did. </P>

[/quote]</P>

Since that unit has no hours on it at all...... you stated that it don't stop as quickly as others. Even the new models today have the quick engine braking. Got me thinking if that dealer installed a " coast valve " or if he " disconnected something " like my dealer said he could do when I purchased mine last year. Kinda got me baffled >>>>> Not that there is anything wrong with the unit, but I thought all RTV off the production line had the engine braking.....</P>

<FONT size=4><FONT color=#ff0000> <FONT face=JohnHancock>~~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</FONT></FONT></FONT></P>

paul

After finding out about the VIN information, I looked andthis is a 2005 model RTV900 (thanks Two Guns & others!). I also removed the spark arrestor this afternoon and it was almost clogged (only 8 hours on it now).</P>

Not sure what has been done to this unit so it does not "stop quickly", like other ones I have ridden in before. On those, as soon as you took your foot off the "gas" pedal, it would brake so quickly thatif you were not ready for it it jerked you forward.</P>

Thanks again for your help!!</P>
<P mce_keep="true"></P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="Paul"]Not sure what has been done to this unit so it does not "stop quickly", like other ones I have ridden in before.[/quote]</p>

There was a period where Kubota put in a different speed control assembly for the tranny so it didn't stop so quickly. I don't recall the numbers but several thousand RTV's came off the line with a different speed control lever. I think it started in the end of 2004 and continued into the first part of 2005.</p>

I think both speed control assemblies are available to purchase. (whether you want the abrupt stop or not).</p>

I tried the version you have Paul and actually prefered the version that has the more abrupt stop. As I recall, the version you have can be purchased as part number K7561-42334 (or maybe an updated number of K7561-97421).</p>

Once the search index is rebuilt, you can do searches on:
Abrupt stop</p>

Speed Control Assembly</p>

or either of those part numbers.
</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Paul, </P>

Something you really need to look into on your RTV >>>>> Read these threads :</P>

http://compacttractorreview.com/cs/forums/t/3052.aspx</P>

Here is one of the threads, but read all threads on the link ~~~~~</P>

</P>
<DIV class=ForumPostContentText>

( QUOTE ) ~~~ We have 2004 rtv and we also have a 1100 rtv and their WAS a major difference in torque between the two units(the 1100 pulled better).</P>

We found out by reading the shop manuals for both units that the high pressure valve on the 1100 operated at a higher pressure than our high pressure valve on the2004 rtv. Our dealer told us that all new 900 rtv have the 1100 valve so your new 900 should have the valve. Our dealer also told us that we could replace our 900 high pressure valve with the 1100 high pressure valve.</P>

We installed the valve yesterday and it improved the operaation of the 2004 rtv noticeable. I feel it increased the torque and top end speed. TWO GUN drove it this afternoon . We have not had time to test it yet but seems like it works.</P>

James</P>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~</P>

Now, from what I understand, somewhere in the late months of 2006, Kubota started installing the pressure valves that was fixin to go into the new introduced soon,1100 units into the 900 units ..... I had mine checked out, and it has, from the factory the new valve as the 1100's do. I have drove and rode with Mr. Biglane in his older unit, before and after the installation of the new valves. There is much difference .... I would advise, to take that step with yours, and get you a newer style valve, you won't be disappointed. And may I add, he runs tracks when needed on his units, and withthe new valve, theyare a big plus on his machines, with or without tracks !!!</P>

NEW VALVE PART NUMBER FROM KUBOTA : <FONT size=2>PART # K 7561-14900 </FONT></P>

<FONT size=4><FONT color=#ff0000> <FONT face=JohnHancock>~~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</FONT></FONT></FONT></P>

</P></DIV>

johnnyboy001

Can someone tell me what year this RTV 900 is, reading some of the previous comments it is saying the 9th character in the VIN mine is L

Attachments

• 20160916_073642.jpg
    20160916_073642.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 131

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
You have a 17-character VIN. When 17 characters, year is the 10th position.
You have a value of "C" which is 2013.

johnnyboy001

what year is my rtv900xt

reading some of the comments you are saying the 9th character is the year, mime is L but i'm not seeing L for a year.... my product identification number is A5KB1FDALCG0D5756

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Old RTV's only had a 16-character VIN. With 16-characters, it's the 9th position.

They changed their VIN's to 17 characters as that's the standard. On a 17-character VIN, it's the 10th position.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
BCzoom is the fastest poster in the west (north, east and south). :D

Welcome to Net Tractor Talk Johnny.

bbonds007

Can anyone tell me how this RTV 1100 high pressure relief valve- going into an older RTV 900, works with Coast adjustment. Does the coasting adjustment of the factory type valve/spring alter the high pressure (increased power) benefit of using the 1100 spring/valve?

BTW I have a 2004 RTV 900: trying to get improved coasting and more torque/power.

Lee1935

Can anyone tell me how this RTV 1100 high pressure relief valve- going into an older RTV 900, works with Coast adjustment. Does the coasting adjustment of the factory type valve/spring alter the high pressure (increased power) benefit of using the 1100 spring/valve?

BTW I have a 2004 RTV 900: trying to get improved coasting and more torque/power.

Last fall in my area a Kubota rep came through and talked with the shop forman and wrench Turners. The rep brought with him new specs for the 900 trany pressure. I had my new X900 adjusted and yes you could feel the difference on steeper hills while in high range. Low range seems about the same.

With the windshield installed and on the dead level mine will do 26-27 mph, before the adjustment 24-25

we have some pretty steep hills and once I got used to using the engine brake (5 minutes?) It is one feature I'm glad to have ☺