Tree removal

Mith

Took a little seat time on a mini-ex this weekend. Mostly removing trees and stumps. Only a 1.5ton machine, but it did well.

Took out about 30 small stumps up to about 12" diameter. Maybe 8 hours including levelling the ground after the stumps were out. (pic 1)

Also took out a couple of trees too. Its alot easier getting a stump out when the tree is still attached. The roots went under the white building so I dug round that side so the building didnt lift when I pushed the tree over. (pic 2 + 3)

Also a picture (4) of a handy tool for cutting up lengths of wood. 2 peices of steel welded offset onto an old gate post. Holds the wood out at a 90 degree angle off the ground so you can just cut with a chainsaw. Saves your back and your saw chain compared to sawing on the ground!

Attachments

• Image181.jpg
    Image181.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 101
  • Image182.jpg
    Image182.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 97
  • Image183.jpg
    Image183.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 99
  • Image179.jpg
    Image179.jpg
    330.1 KB · Views: 95

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
I played with a mini. The one you used is a TB016, I used a TB007 or TB008. I didn't get much done, it was just too light and underpowered for what I thought I could do with it. It was fun to play on it though.

I like that log holder.........very nice.

Mith

I think the 008 is a 3/4ton machine? I had one of those, it was a little light, but it still did a decent bit of work. It did tend to bounce of the rocky stuff though.
You cant beat them for maneuverability though, so much easier to track about than a tractor and BH.

rollerman

The mini's are handy.
Seams like the excavateing company I work for has picked up a new one every year n the last 5 years.
I work asphalt & we use them to dig patches...surpriseing the work they can do.