1100c Strobe installation

Traderdell

MY 2020 just purchased and should have had the dealer install the rear work light and the strobe but I didn’t. Is it as simple as removing the plate on the roof And plugging the light in? Same on the dash is the plug right there if you remove the switch cover? I’m truly inept so if it’s not it’ll have to back to the dealer.

TIA

Gregg

Traderdell

It’s amazing no one here has installed a strobe on their RTV. I’ll get one then we’ll all know how simple or not it is. Wish me luck.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I haven't installed one but look forward to you posting how to do it. Many forum members will appreciate your work. :tiphat: Good Luck ! collie

Reactions: Doc

Traderdell

I haven't installed one but look forward to you posting how to do it. Many forum members will appreciate your work. :tiphat: Good Luck ! collie

I’m fairly confident that the strobe will just plug in the middle space on the roof, where the switch goes is where I’m unsure and I really don’t want to mess it up where I have to have the dealer pick it up to fix my mess.

I’d probably Be better served To just bite the bullet and have them pick it up and do it. I’m such a coward.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i don't have a strobe. but the wiring is already installed to each of those places on the top and also behind the bezel for the switches. i think there are tags on the different plugs that the switches plug into and also corresponding wire colors. could be that the strobe kit will have instructions???? most of the Kubota kits do.

Traderdell

i don't have a strobe. but the wiring is already installed to each of those places on the top and also behind the bezel for the switches. i think there are tags on the different plugs that the switches plug into and also corresponding wire colors. could be that the strobe kit will have instructions???? most of the Kubota kits do.

Instructions? LOL, I truly never thought of the strobe coming with them. Thank you.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I do remember that now that Aurthuritis mentioned it. Back on my '05 kubota rtv 900, the worklights came with instructions( that I ordered thru Kubota). ( the speedometer didn't though ) but thats how I made it to the forum and BcZoom got me the "how to" for it way back then. If you get the Kubota strobe it will likely come with instructions like Aurthuritis stated. So good luck and keep us informed. :)

mgrick

There are 2 plugs, one white(front work lights), one blue(rear work light). Those plug into the Kubota priority lighted switches.
These are taped up with one set of green striped wires with spade connectors and a set of black wires with spade connectors. one of those sets could be for the strobe light switch. You could use a multi meter to see if this is the case.
There's also the plug for the radio in there.
I've added a set of LED spot lights to the front and a set of LED flood lights to the back from superbrightleds. I used the expensive Kubota switches. Also picked up a radio off of ebay for 65.00.

I too recently purchased a camo 1100c with Boss V plow.

Good Luck

Traderdell

There are 2 plugs, one white(front work lights), one blue(rear work light). Those plug into the Kubota priority lighted switches.
These are taped up with one set of green striped wires with spade connectors and a set of black wires with spade connectors. one of those sets could be for the strobe light switch. You could use a multi meter to see if this is the case.
There's also the plug for the radio in there.
I've added a set of LED spot lights to the front and a set of LED flood lights to the back from superbrightleds. I used the expensive Kubota switches. Also picked up a radio off of ebay for 65.00.

I too recently purchased a camo 1100c with Boss V plow.

Good Luck

A Boss plow is hopefully the next addition. Did a Boss dealer do the install or did the kubota dealer?

mgrick

I just checked one of the green striped wires behind your switch panel and went to the black ground wire. Turned the ignition on and had 12 volts.
I would have to say the 2 green stripe wires would be your hots and go to the switch. You could use one of the black ground wires to light the switch.
You could put a switch in and see if the plug under the rear center plate has 12 volts. Or you could put a jumper on the 2 green stripe wires and see if you get 12 volts there.
Worse case you blow a fuse or you don't get 12 volts there!

Mork

From looking at the electrical schematic for the 1100c, the Beacon Light (center location) actually runs of a 20a relay in the fuse tray. Not sure if it is installed from the factory or is an option that has to be added to get this circuit to work. It also shows that the ground is switched to activate the light not the positive side.

On a side note, many LED lights draw little current. I have a set of Rigid LED's mounted to the front of my 1100 which draw less than 1 amp each so they can be wired straight through any switch which can handle 10amps of current. It may be a good idea to check the current draw on a VOM to see exactly what kind of power they actually draw and what gauge wire is being used to supply it. Judge yourself accordingly.

Last edited:

hellasmania

I posted a new thread regarding the illuminated rocker switch for the strobe not actually lighting up inside the cab.

But I can update the OP here about the strobe install:
I ordered the Kubota Strobe Kit for the 1100c. The kit includes instructions. First you affix the strobe light to the metal mount in the kit using 3 bolts. Then you remove the rear center light cover on the cab. Underneath the plate you remove, you will find the black/green-yellow wires. Connect these wires to the wires of the strobe light. Then use the existing bolts to mount the strobe light and mount to the cab. Finally, you install the rocker switch in position 4 or 5 of the switch panel under the radio. I had to cut the tape bundling the accessory wires to release the black/green wires needed for the rocker switch. The strobe light works great, except the switch does not illuminate for some reason.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm confused on what is the purpose of a strobe light. I'm stuck on the strobe (fast flashing) lights that were popular in the disco era. I can't imagine them being useful on an RTV. Duh. Help me please.

Mork

I posted a new thread regarding the illuminated rocker switch for the strobe not actually lighting up inside the cab.

I ordered the Kubota Strobe Kit for the 1100c. The kit includes instructions. First you affix the strobe light to the metal mount in the kit using 3 bolts. Then you remove the rear center light cover on the cab. Underneath the plate you remove, you will find the black/green-yellow wires. Connect these wires to the wires of the strobe light. Then use the existing bolts to mount the strobe light and mount to the cab. Finally, you install the rocker switch in position 4 or 5 of the switch panel under the radio. I had to cut the tape bundling the accessory wires to release the black/green wires needed for the rocker switch. The strobe light works great, except the switch does not illuminate for some reason.
I don't believe the factory wiring is set up to support illuminated switches. When I installed my LED's on the front and center light on the rear, I purchased illuminated switches off Ebay and wired the lights myself to support the lights in the switch. Below is a copy of the switch wiring to do this.Switch Wiring.JPG

hellasmania

The strobe light flashes amber. We use it to increase the visibility of the RTV when used on the roadway outside of property lines, and also when patrolling the property especially wooded areas. It increases awareness of your presence. Makes the vehicle stand out in the dark/rain more than just tail lamps/hazard lights. You can see the strobe mounted on top of the cab in the photo.
5C2C9527-2E9F-48FA-B94A-07C2C18DD226.jpeg

hellasmania

I don't believe the factory wiring is set up to support illuminated switches. When I installed my LED's on the front and center light on the rear, I purchased illuminated switches off Ebay and wired the lights myself to support the lights in the switch. Below is a copy of the switch wiring to do this.View attachment 12656
Thanks for the info. Maybe you are correct about illuminated switches not being supported as I don’t think it is an install error. When I installed these rocker switches on my RTVX900 they did light up, that’s why I was confused about the x1100C.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The strobe light flashes amber. We use it to increase the visibility of the RTV when used on the roadway outside of property lines, and also when patrolling the property especially wooded areas. It increases awareness of your presence. Makes the vehicle stand out in the dark/rain more than just tail lamps/hazard lights. You can see the strobe mounted on top of the cab in the photo.
View attachment 12657

Duh. I can be dense at times. Makes perfect sense. I've seen those before plenty of times. double Duh

I noticed today my spotlights for the front and rear, that have the switches under the radio, do have a yellow light on the switch itself when it's on. Better than nothing I figure.

GoBeau

Hello and thanks for sharing this information. I only have one question, where did you run the cable from the beacon to the switch? Did you put a hole through the roof or is there one already there? If possible, can you send me some close-up pictures of where you ran the wires through to the inside of the cab on the over-head toggle switch panel. Thanks,

ItBmine

I didn't get the strobe for mine because I only plow my own driveway and I'm on a long straight-away with good visibility. But lately I have been thinking of getting one. But I also have magnetic LED's with programmable strobes from when I had my low boy float trailer for when I had oversize loads, so I could always just stick those on the cab when I'm plowing.

But thanks for the install info everyone.