How many hours do you average?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
If you know how many hours ahead it is and you know how much you drive each year, why not unplug it for that period and keep track of hours on paper for awhile?
Another option is to get a new hour meter and leave the key on for the period to get it back to the correct number.

Welcome to the forum x595!!
I considered replacing the meter but have never carried through with it. I actually don't pay much attention to that hour meter. I change the oil in it once a season nu matter the hours.
Went out to fire it up tonight for a hopefully final mow, and it started right up but the mower will not engage. I suppose one of the safety switches have failed. Dang it.

x595

I know some forums complain if you bring up old threads, but not here. I have no problem with discussing and re-discussing an issue. I don't understand why other forums complain so much about the practice ...why keep the old thread if they are not there to be commented on and replied to? :confused:

..back on topic ... you have more hours on your 2005 model than I have on my 2002 model x595. The first few years I racked up lots of hours, then I got a ZTR for the mowing duties.

Thanks Doc , I agree that an old Thread can be brought up and be rediscussed , I just was'nt sure of the practice here ...

Do you still have your JD X595 ??? If you still do , how many hours are on the clock and how do you like it ??? What is it's chores now that you have the ZTR ???

bczoom , thanks for the welcome !!!

Later,x595

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've put a huge 30 hours on mine since I got it last April. :)
Nice tractor you got there. You must not use yours for mowing. I'm in the same ballpark for hours on my Kubota this year. Bush hogging does not add up the hours at all like mowing every week does. :D

Thank you sir.
Your right, I'm not using it much for mowing right now. We have these two trouble makers to do most of that.

DSCN0649-vi.jpg

I just have to catch where they poop. They'll let that get knee high.

Next spring the tractor will see more use. I've had my hay cut for me for that past several years because the old JD I had wasn't able to.

The NH is going to be earning her keep this hay season. :boxing:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I average about 125-150 hours a year, but being on a Ranch we use it all the time
Even with splitting your time in Panama and CA. :eek: Good job Al.

Nice pic Terry. Very good looking horses you got their. :thumb: We have a few other members who run a few head of horses. Hopefully they'll see your pics.