latest seat time

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey, it's that time of year. I'm getting seat time in the ZTR of course for mowing, and on the Kubota.

Last time out I pulled out a big old half dead pine tree that was close to the house and I dressed the driveway with the back blade. My next job is going to need the rake so I wanted to finish my blade work before switching implements.

I'd be out there now but for those who don't read forums forums, I had cataract surgery on Weds of this week. Everything came out GREAT. Vision in that eye is now 100% better according to my doctor. 20/30 and it might even get better in the next 30 days. All is good. :D

PBinWA

Untitled-1.jpg

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Funny guys!!!! :yum: :yum:
that reminds me I ought to add the new smilies over here also.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Help me doctor, everything looks small, blurry and pink er is it yellow? :pat:

And I thought the surgery was a success. Duh.

Funny thing about it. I haven't needed reading glasses for a couple of years. I used to need them, but the cataract changed the shape of my lens and I could read close up better than ever. So now I have 20/30 vision but I have to wear the darn reading glasses again. ....I guess it's progress but it doesn't feel like it.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
My latest seat time was not on my tractor, but a mini-excavator. I rented one today to dig up part of my 40 year old drains going to the septic tank. This line serves only the kitchen sink. Numerous attempts to clear a clogged pipe did not work. A sink of water takes a day or two to drain. There is a block at the 46' mark, about 10' from the tank. So........bright me is going to replace the cast iron pipe out there which is obviously collapsed and closed off. But first I need to dig a few holes to find the pipe and trace it's path right? I know it doesn't go in a straight line but makes a turn or two. I find where it comes out of the house, and start digging. Then I spot the nasty smelling water oozing into the trench. It's not cast iron, it's plastic THIN wall sewer line and so far has 3 holes in it, made by me :hide: Okay, hell, I'm gonna replace it anyway that. Then I get next to the tree, roots bigger than my leg. This excavator is not going to work. I got the lightest/smallest one I could find to get into the tight area.Maybe I can fix the holes I made and just dig at the 46' mark and get to the collapsed pipe and fix that. I find where the thin wall plastic has concrete poured on top of it for some reason. Of course I break the plastic there too. This time with a shovel.
Now, I've got at least 4 holes to fix and replace at least 10' of pipe with 30' that I can't dig because of roots.

I called the septic guy. I know when I'm over my head, at least this time. Three hours later the "tech" calls back and is on the way. He shows up with an EVCAVATOR. Three hours after he gets here, I have an empty septic tank and 60' of new sewer line. A yard and sidewalk all dug up and "rough graded". A cleanout outside where it belonged in the first place. And a drain that drains. Oh yeah, I have a happy but but broke wife.

Archdean

''it's plastic THIN wall sewer line and so far has 3 holes in it, made by me :hide:""

You made me laugh :tiphat: as I went through the same thing last spring although not as serious as your tale of woe!! It was as simple as the inlet to the tank had shifted out of place~~ Of course I had enough (attempt to locate) Holes in the yard to rival the Biggest gopher on the planet!! All be cause the idiot that drew the as-built couldn't measure or DRAW!!

Doc has some new glasses he might be willing to lend you!!:rolleyes: Next time you get the urge to dig!!

N

Nicahawk

Hey Doc, glad your eye operation turned out OK. I've had my right fixed, now gotta get the left one corrected, just keep putting it off.

Glad everyone is getting seat time, just hope the positive outcomes out weigh the negative one's.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
The septic guy asked how I found the location of the pipe around the corner in one dig. I witched it with 2 coat hangers. I didn't believe the fellow at work who said it works, but I'm a believer now.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey Doc, glad your eye operation turned out OK. I've had my right fixed, now gotta get the left one corrected, just keep putting it off.

Same here. Just had the right one done. Will wait as long as possible to do the left. He saw a cataract there, but it doesn't bother me at this point. Until the surgery I used my left eye for distance and right eye for reading. The cataract helped up close vision for the right eye. Now I can see distance okay but I'm back to reading glasses for up close stuff.

Glad everyone is getting seat time, just hope the positive outcomes out weigh the negative one's.

I'll drink to that :beer: :D

Jerry, what an ordeal. I'd love to rent a mini excavator just to play with. I have a couple trees I'd like to take out, stumps and all.

Glad your project had a happy ending, knowing when to say when is a good thing. At least your wife is happy along with broke. Much worse to be broke and have her upset at you. :hide:

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
I have a couple trees I'd like to take out, stumps and all.
Just be aware, if you get one, make sure it's big enough to handle the job. This one wasn't. 2000 lbs and 10HP is pretty small.

cj7

My last seat time on the L2500 was to rototill a new garden. A 20 x 40 area for the family kids to raise some Pumpkins. I borrowed a frieds 42" Woods Tiller. It did a nice job for me. Tractor could not tell it was there. i felt like tilling more of the field just for fun but I didn't.

Of course I have had a few grass cutting on the 2186 Cub Cadet. Not as much fun as the other machine. If I could come up with 6' - 3pt finish mower for the 2500 then that would be more fun time.

Soon it will be time to brush hog the field too.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
cj7 said:
Soon it will be time to brush hog the field too.
Me to. It's actually grown enough, I just need to get at it. I'm working on the boat to get it ready to get wet, so that is cutting into my seat time.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Anyone getting ready for some seat time this weekend. We are baby sitting the grand baby (Bree) so all I can do is think about seat time, and plan my next opportunity. :hide:

Let me tractor vicariously through you guys. :D

urednecku

Not much time, but after Fay came thru, I had to use the 'Bota to move the only tree that fell across a fence. On the way, I took out a couple orange trees that had died this last year & put them on TOP of the pile----- I LOVE my 'Bota with ----"THE CLAW"!!!!!!!

Attachments

• PhonePicture 028.jpg
    PhonePicture 028.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 153
  • PhonePicture 030.jpg
    PhonePicture 030.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 142

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
No seat time for me today, maybe tomorrow. We're in St Clairsville for a funeral. We assumed there might be a family get together after the funeral, so we had reserved a room for the night. Everybody went their separate ways around 2:00 leaving plenty of time to drive back home to Columbus. But the room was here and we were here and probably can't get our money back anyway.

jwstewar

Staff member
Well, I had plans for seat time, but the little surpise that came Friday morning that has changed a bit. Maybe if we have some guest tomorrow to see Addyson, I can at least finish the one spouting drain I've been working on. For anyone that didn't see it, my wife gave birth to our third child (second daughter) Friday morning. Her name is Addyson Braelyn and she weighed 6 lbs. Not sure where the camera is at this second or I would post a pic. I'll find it in the morning.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I like the claw redneck. Very nice. Thanks for the pics. Rep points for you. :D

Fay is messing with the northern part of your state today. What a storm. Worse than many hurricanes.

urednecku

Thanks, Doc! Yea, Fay was a real 'pisser'-she stayed up there putting a LOT of water on north Florida. We had about 5 or so inches at my house, it passed to our east a few miles, so we didn't get to bad. The lakes in the area got some BADLY needed increase in their level.