What are you doing with your Tractor this weekend

Erik

want some of mine?
we need to cut and bale the brome and we're getting showers most nights, then highs in the 90's during the day - our July Steambath showed up about 3 weeks early this year.

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
Well, let's see. Yesterday I mowed the yard and down back for 5 hours in 95 degree heat on the B2400. I goofed off all day today. Tomorrow I cut the 5 acre yard at the library house but I'm going to use the L4740 and sit in that air conditioned cab. It's supposed to be 97 degrees. Wednesday I drive the L4740 over to the farm and spray the hay pasture and drive home. Thursday I mow my pasture. At my age it's not wise to plan any further ahead than that. :yum:

I know that this is supposed to be a week-end working thread but when you're retired there are no week-ends. They're just two more working days. :tiphat:

Well, let's see. Yesterday I mowed the yard and down back for 5 hours in 95 degree heat on the B2400.
I'm on vacation for 2 weeks, so I mowed some of my place. Cutter broke on me Tuesday morning. Went to town during the heat of the day for parts, fixed it later in the afternoon and finished mowing at 10 p.m.

Today I got to use the t post pusher, some of the ground was hard enough to pick up the tractor. :eek:

It did pretty good though. I've got about 250 feet of fence to replace so I'll take some pics when I start on that.

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
Yea well the best laid plans ......

I did drive the L4740 over to the farm in the morning and sprayed the bottom part of the hay pasture. I haven't worked over there much this year and the bottom part of the pasture had the best crop of Carolina nettle I think I've ever seen. I can understand why why my S-I-L wanted it sprayed. I can't understand why it was allowed to get that bad.

Had an appointment with a lawyer about my wife's deceased uncle's estate. Was informed that it will take at least 9 months to get everything finalized, depending on how all his property sells. It just goes on and on.

While at the lawyer we got a call from the S-I-L saying that while giving her grand daughter her first driving lesson, she hit the accelerator instead of the brake and ran the SUV into the Gator which was parked in the garage and pushed it into the garage freezer which in turn knocked a hole in the wall and, by the way, did we have any spare room in our freezers for all the frozen food which was starting to defrost.

After relocating all the frozen food, I was just settling down with my first drink of the evening and getting ready for a late supper when my wife's cousin called and said my M-I-L's cows were out and running on the main road. Put down drink, forgot about supper, jumped in truck and drove to farm. Found my S-I-L and a friend trying to round up six big calves that had got out. Finally got them back where they belonged but they broke the fence in three places getting back into the pasture. Found the original break in the fence where they got out. A branch had fallen on the fence totally demolishing it. Got out chainsaw, cut it up and cleared and fixed the fence by flashlight. Fixed the other three breaks temporarily and got home about 11 o'clock. Oh, I forgot to mention that while driving the fence looking for breaks in the dark I drove the truck into a culvert. Shit!!!! It's not too bad. Just a little modification to the driver side running board. Fixed it (almost) with a 7 lb hammer.

Wednesday was not a good day.

I got up this morning and went over to the farm and made a better job of fixing the fence now that I could actually see what I was doing. Came home about noon and said, "To Hell With It", and decided to take the rest of the day off. Well not quite. I fixed a broken sprinkler in the yard and scraped and power washed all the dirt dauber tubes around the house. Those little boogers have been busy this year. Decided that was enough for one day.

Tomorrow I may get back with the plan and bush hog my pasture. Maybe, as long as that darned phone doesn't start ringing again. Can you actually marry a woman and divorce yourself from her family. :pat:

Just joking. I love them all but they can be a lot of work at times. Things are going to get better though. My wife and her sister are leaving for Georgia on Sunday to return the S-I-L's grandkids. That should give me 5 days of peace and quiet ... if I take the phone off the hook. Ahhhhh ....bliss.

I don't understand why some of you guys are looking forward to retirement. See what I'm going through. :yum:

Klumpe

I'm taking the spring tooth chisel out tomorrow, again, to our 3 acre patch to scratch away the few sunflowers that came up in the field. First, Dad had the wrong plates in the planter...I really wish he wouldn't have rushed things, second the gear speed on the planter was too fast and dropped way too many seeds. I think we should just let what is in there grow since I doubt we will get anymore rain now that July is almost here.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm boating this weekend. I should be bush hogging ....but I'll get to that next week. :hide:

Erik

I got to go punch some holes in a coworker's yard last night - they wanted it done Wednesday but I didn't feel like driving through the storm that blew in... They also want me to come back in a couple of weeks to punch more holes once they get their hay shed extension figured out. (12 x 24)
This weekend is nailing up purlins on the shop building between storms. (20% chance tonight, 30% tomorrow after 1, 20% tomorrow night - but sunny on sunday)
If I get the purlins done I'll either spend some time Sunday leveling the floor in the shop with the box blade (depending on how wet it is) or mowing (yard and pasture)

OkeeDon

The pool itself is finished. No pix yet because it looks pretty darn ugly sitting up like a sore thumb. Ordered the materials for the deck -- over 1,000 sq ft of it, added to the 360 sq ft of deck already in place. Like I said in the earlier message, the house is elevated a little more than 4 ft above ground, so the deck is about exactly 48 inches high, which begs for an above ground pool.

The material won't be delivered until Monday, so this weekend I catch up on the mowing and dig a little more trench for an irrigation water main.

We had a really strong storm pass through a couple of days ago; it went from sunny to tropical storm conditions in about a blink of an eye. Winds had to be around 60 mph (hurricane is above 75). Unfortunately, I had left my market umbrella in the "up" position. I went to the deck, just in time to see it start to blow over, taking the aluminum table with ceramic tiles set in with it. I grabbed the umbrella pole and held it upright until the string broke that pulls it up and down and the 'brella came down around me. It still threatened to blow over, so I managed to get the tiles off the table with one hand and then lad the table and umbrella over on their side. Later, I discovered that the first gust broke welds on the table in two places.

Then, I went inside to find a bedroom window had been open a crack and the wind had driven about a half inch of rain in on the floor. I grabbed all the towels out of the linen closet and soaked it up, then I had to launder all the towels. Not a good day.

I haven't looked yet to see how to fix the string in the umbrella -- it runs up through the shaft to a pulley on top. The table can be welded; the ironic thing is that I have a perfectly good Lincoln 175 Tig welder that I'm not allowed to use because of my implanted defibrillator. I hate paying other folks to fix things when I know how and have the tools...

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
OkeeDon, I'm glad to know that it's not just me that is jinxed and that you are having as good a time as I am. :shitHitsFan:

Luckily, I think we are both strong enough to survive. I sure hope so. It's got to get better. :hide:

cleatusj

Last night used the Powermax with loader to move and install large window unit a/c into hole where window was as condenceing unit out on house. i'll be removing this tommorow as a new unit was installed today.

For some reason I have a hard time sleeping when it's close to 102 deg.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Couple of projects. I bought a new (to me) Woods RM-600 6' finish mower. It needs a little tlc and the blades sharpened. I will finish it up tomorrow morning (It's in the 90's and not a breath of air moving now).

Second project is an aerator I borrowed. It's an old Gill (Woods) 5'. Have to see what it will do.

Jim