Kawasaki Mule Pro-DXT EPS LE

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
My search has ended, my mule is being outfitted with HD springs, windshield, rear bumper and tail light protectors, hoping to have it home for the weekend. Just too many pros to the machine against the others I’ve looked at to not give it a whirl. Specs are in the link and they are very comparable to all the rest I pondered. The LE in the diesel DXT affords the roof, LED lights, extra auxiliary ports in second row, and fancy paint/graphics. I purchased a leftover 2017 from a dealer 5 miles from the house. I’ll fit it with plow system in the Fall. Cost was on the low end for the new units with like features I looked at, I’m sure because of the leftover status. Not including the accessories I’m adding, I purchased for $15,300 OTD. I’ll do a more detailed report once I get a few trips around the ranch with it!

Long story short the key factors for me were:

1. Yanmar Diesel
2. Offered me the most room, the tilt wheel lifts more than any other I sat in. Being a big guy this was huge, pun intended.
3. 3 year warranty
4. Conversion feature! The second row collapses to provide a full size bed.
5. EPS standard with the model

The video is of the same machine, even color, that I purchased except it’s the gasser FXT and the wheels. They don’t put the fancy wheels on the diesel DXT. Does a good job of showing the bed conversion and some of its unique design.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGlmmIQCCVY[/ame]

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nice. :thumb:
What is top speed? I looked at stats and did not see speed listed.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Not bad. That will get you around in fine style. Congrats.

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
I've had it 10 days. Before I picked it up 2 Saturdays ago I had a windshield, HD springs, rear bumper and tail light protectors put on. Since I've added mirrors and the SMV sign. So far so good, it has about 30 miles on it to date, mostly on property and quad/well roads. Top speed 32mph on a flat.

Pros

1. Rides great, by far the most comfortable I've been in and I've test rode more than a few
2. It fit's, I'm not a small guy and again it wins big for me. Roomy machine
3. Surprisingly nimble for a 1 ton machine, even in 4wd with power steering. I've witnessed no binding.
4. More than enough power and shifting is flick of a switch, very smooth.
5. Wife liked the raised seating in the second row
6. I like the false security of the doors, better than nets most machines offer. They are not going to hold anything in
7. LED's are nice and bright

Cons

1. First start shifting, it's reluctant without some sort of manipulation (throttle, wobbling) after initial start. It's a lot like my Kawasaki Brute Force Quad shifting, like you have to find the right spot. Probably characteristic of the CVT. Decreases after it's warm.
2. It's size can be an issue (backing up in the boonies, height- roof is taking a beating where I'm taking it)
3. Ground clearance, I compromised here and I've belly rubbed once.
4. Seat belt has to be on to go over 12mph ..... smh
5. Loud, was hoping it would end up being less than the Kubota but quite comparable. Mahindra has them both beat on decibels.
6. To dump in full bed mode the back section of the roof has to be folded out of the way. Not an issue if dumping in 2 row mode.

iPhone 032618 214.jpg

Second row mode

iPhone 032618 217.jpg

Second row rear view

iPhone 032618 223.jpg

One row mode

iPhone 032618 226.jpg

One row rear view

iPhone 032618 224.jpg

With mirrors installed

iPhone 032618 231.jpg

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Looks good.
You mentioned shifting, is the Mule like the RTV shifting (LMH) where you have to stop to shift from L to M or H?