' Tractor Sheds '

x595

I would like to see all the Members Tractor Sheds ... The place where you park your Pride and joy and do its maintenance ... Here's mine ...

2ltrnet.jpg

Later,x595

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good idea for a thread x595. Very nice looking shed you have there.

Just last week I ran into this pic of my 'shed' ..the pic was taken by my wife of her flower garden but my shed / pole barn is in the background. It holds my tractors and boats with room for two of my kids ski boats to boot. :D

Attachments

• yard1.jpg
    yard1.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 978

x595

Doc , thanks ...

Nice looking Shed you have there also , what size is it ???

Is all that Land/Trees in your picture Yours ??? Good looking backdrop around your Shed ... How many Acres does everything sit on ???

Later,x595

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My pole building is 28 x 70. Most of the backdrop you see there is the neighbors. If you look closely you'll see a road running along the far side of the pole building. That is where my property line ends. We have lots of rolling hills like you see in the back drop though. We have 50 acres. 1100 feet wide by not quite 3/4 mile long. Mostly wooded. Lots of ravines, hills and ridges. We have ATV trails throughout. I traded some of my trees for some dozer work to make the trails. Worked out great.

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
Nice looking sheds as well as places Guys . Mines not quite so neat & organised . I was going to attach a few Pics , but the Posting rules at the bottom say I may not post images :( . First time I,ve seen that . Great thread though I allways like seeing others pics . Bob

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Cowboy, I looked at the Mod Panel and there's nothing in there I can change to allow you to post attachments. You might PM Doc and see if he can fix it for you.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My bad Cowboy. I'll have that fixed for you in 5 minutes or less. Sorry.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I had fixed that once I thought. It all looked okay, but I made another change that should ensure you can post pics. Please post a test one or let me know if you have any troubles.

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
No worrys Guys , But thanks for the replys . Doc the Manage attachment deal dont have a button like it used to . But it shows up in Red Text , I clicked it & it brought up the upload window , So I,ll see if it works or not . I just posted one pic . Thanks again, Bob

Attachments

• P9290009.JPG
    P9290009.JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 1,075

x595

We have 50 acres. 1100 feet wide by not quite 3/4 mile long. Mostly wooded. Lots of ravines, hills and ridges. We have ATV trails throughout. I traded some of my trees for some dozer work to make the trails.

50 Acres , :thumb: , that's a good chunk of Land !!!

Can you get your Tractor on those Trails and do you bring out Firewood to burn ???

Doc , maybe you could start a new Thread on 'Trails/Trail maintenance' , I'd like to see pictures of your Trails ...

My neighbor owns 84 Acres and 15 of it is Woods , He allows me to bring out Firewood as long as I keep up with the Trail maintenance , (works for me) ...

Later,x595

x595

Cowboy , thanks for sharing , can you open up the view to show more of your property , thanks again ...

Do you plan a restoration on that Truck ???

Later,x595

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yep, I can take the tractor on 99% of the trails. I have one loop that is hairy for the tractor so I go up the long way (two ways to get to the flat on top). I use the bush hog on the trails to keep them in shape. The dang multiflora that grows in from the side still is a pain in the behind. I"ve about tipped the tractor trying to get at big bunches of multiflora that is off to one side of the trail, so, I've learned to take care of it by hand (with a good set of leather gloves on).
Good idea for a trail and trail maintenance thread. Once I dig up some pics I'll start one (give me a few days, as usual, I'm a bit behind ....and I'm out of town this weekend ....so it will probably be next week before I start that thread.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yeah, what he said Cowboy. More pics and tell us more about that truck. Very kewl. :thumb: :D

B

bczoom

I"ve about tipped the tractor trying to get at big bunches of multiflora that is off to one side of the trail, so, I've learned to take care of it by hand (with a good set of leather gloves on).
Why not just kill it?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Why not just kill it?
I've tried. Used various sprays. I think it just pisses it off and it always comes back (not always stronger but sometimes stronger). I do believe it is the multiflora from hell.

If you have any secrets on how to kill it, please feel free to share them with me. I had the best success with something that killed all bark follage / and a poison I mixed with diesel fuel ...but those successes were short lived. And I own about 46 acres of the best multiflora growing soil you've ever seen. :eek:

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
Cowboy , thanks for sharing , can you open up the view to show more of your property , thanks again ...

Do you plan a restoration on that Truck ???

Later,x595

Thanks Guys . Yep I plan on restoring the ole truck , Its a 54 chevy 2 ton with a lift bed . I,ve gota 53 thats in the shop I have to get out first , I plan on using it for around the property so I,m just getting it running where its usablle . Its hard to just take a few pics of the Place so I just took some to kind of show what Our place is like . Hope its not to many :sorry: . Thanks again for starting the thread . Bob

Attachments

• PB030001.JPG
    PB030001.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 934
  • PB030002.JPG
    PB030002.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 1,011
  • PB030003.JPG
    PB030003.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 977
  • PB030004.JPG
    PB030004.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 1,037
  • PB030005.JPG
    PB030005.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 903
  • PB030006.JPG
    PB030006.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 946
  • PB030007.JPG
    PB030007.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 858
  • PB030008.JPG
    PB030008.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 871
B

bczoom

Best results are with a brush killer that uses 2, 4-D. (I can't even kill dandilions with the crap Round-Up is putting out these days). There's a lot of brands (I use Acme Super Brush Killer). I know many that use whatever brand is at Tractor Supply with very good results.

There's 2 ways (times) to apply. When they're dormant in the winter or a foliar treatment when the plant is growing.

The dormant/basal application has some benefits since it doesn't use as much volume of spray and can be done in the winter when you have very little else to do outside (and you're wearing long-sleeve clothing). I haven't had much success with this approach myself but you may want to consider it as a first-step.

The foliar approach (spray the active, growing bush) is done in the spring. This is where you spray the entire plant. This is when I have great success.

You may want to consider a mixed approach. Spray this winter and then whatever comes up next year, finish it off.

Goats are actually the best solution but you need about 6 per acre for 2 years for total eradication of the multiflora.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good looking place you have there Cowboy. Lots of barns / storage sheds for sure. Must be nice. :D :thumb:

Thanks for the tips BC. I copied your posts and mine and started a multiforla thread for easier reference and finding it down the road.