What machine started it all for you???

bdoss

I'm like Dougster. Got my tractor at the age of 59.
As the middle kid I tried everything to not be like my siblings-- I took ROTC instead of shop- Drama instead of PT. etc. etc.
Wasn't until I got out of high school that I got interested in cars, girls, and any thing western..
Lost my way in my late 20's and went more city.
Around the time I was 40ish- I started hankering for my country roots but didn't have the time or means to achieve it. It wasn't until my 50's that I finally was blessed with some land large enough to 'need' a tractor.
My neighbor had a Hinimoto that I planned on buying but it got hung up in probate so I started looking. Found a Ford 9n on the web- looked at it and fell in love. Turns out it's a mix of 9-2 and 8N parts but it runs well and gves me a great deal of enjoyment just discovering what does what.
Not taking shop in my youth or hanging with the 'car' guys has come back to bite me more than once- Wish I had more knowledge of engines and metal but I'm learning as I go. Here's where I TRUELY appreciate the people on this forum. Their patience with people like me has not only kept me from being afraid to ask that 'dumb' question but has made me feel as if I'd been buddies with them my whole life.. So I guess you can say this board started it for me . For that I am truely thankful :tiphat:

Powerking56

My grandfather started me on the Model A doodlebug hauling firewood out of the woods when I was 10-11, The JD M crawler on the estate he worked at when I was 16 helping him sugar. Sadly I never got to work the horse in the woods just the JD. Still miss the old gent, he had so much "old school" knowlege to share. He started me down this long road of collecting rusty iron and trying to keep it workin'
Peter

firejake

:tiphat: I started with an old Ford 8 or 9n, don't remember which at the school while in auto shop class. Used to change fluids, tune upplements etc. Had fun using it too. Been tractor crazy since:wink:. Be safe Dennis