Isnt it about time we had an 'oops' thread?

Mith

So where are all you guys stuck pictures, or all you too shy to admit it? :D

Maybe we could remind Doc of his little mess last year! :D
DSCF0005r.jpg

I went and just did the exact same thing as Doc did, drove into a trench I had just filled :rolleyes:

Must be you guys turn now!:tiphat:

Attachments

• 12-02-08_1522.jpg
    12-02-08_1522.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 293

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
:yum: yep Mith. Looks like it is time for an Opps thread. :thumb:

Thanks a lot for the reminder of my opps. :poke:

Mith

:D No worries Doc, you can rely on me to remind you of your misfortune (as I'm sure you will remind me of mine next year :yum:)

Dougster

Old Member
So where are all you guys stuck pictures, or all you too shy to admit it? :D Maybe we could remind Doc of his little mess last year! :D I went and just did the exact same thing as Doc did, drove into a trench I had just filled :rolleyes: Must be you guys turn now!:tiphat:
The poor old Dougster has not yet gotten stuck with the Red Beast. I did get the snowplow stuck for a few minutes a while back by going a bit too far off the end of a driveway that hadn't been plowed in two storms... but I was able to dig it out in about 10 minutes. :cool:

I did manage to get a rental skidsteer stuck really good in Dougster Swamp many years ago. Now that was a really nasty situation. I did manage to get it out after a couple hours... and clean it off before the rental agency came back that afternoon to pick it up... but the clearing & grading work I rented it for never got completed. :rolleyes:

Now, every time I think about buying a wheeled skidsteer to assist my tree guy and compete better against the local "undocumented workers", I think about that incident and how much better off I would have been with the Red Beast. Between it's FEL, backhoe and backhoe stabilizers... even if it did get stuck (highly unlikely), I could have easily lifted & walked it out of there in minutes and continued working. :D

Dougster :starbucks:

jbrumberg

I have not had a major "oops" :eek: event in awhile (all were pre-digital camera), so I am past due. My last oops was a minor oops- I knocked off one of my hazard lights on the ROPS. They were the "Knock Off" variety :rolleyes: (comes standard with the DA series :)) and it reattached without difficulty. The offending branch and many more of its ilk are now resting on the woodpile :cool: . I promise to send pics of my next "major oops" Jay :letitsnow:

The poor old Dougster has not yet gotten stuck with the Red Beast. I did get the snowplow stuck for a few minutes a while back by going a bit too far off the end of a driveway that hadn't been plowed in two storms... but I was able to dig it out in about 10 minutes. :cool:

I did manage to get a rental skidsteer stuck really good in Dougster Swamp many years ago. Now that was a really nasty situation. I did manage to get it out after a couple hours... and clean it off before the rental agency came back that afternoon to pick it up... but the clearing & grading work I rented it for never got completed. :rolleyes:

Now, every time I think about buying a wheeled skidsteer to assist my tree guy and compete better against the local "undocumented workers", I think about that incident and how much better off I would have been with the Red Beast. Between it's FEL, backhoe and backhoe stabilizers... even if it did get stuck (highly unlikely), I could have easily lifted & walked it out of there in minutes and continued working. :D

Now hold on a minute here Dougster. I believe that this is an oops thread, not a Show us a picture or tell us about getting stuck thread.

Now you need to fess up buddy. I Know for a fact that your oops list is quite long. :poke:

Dougster

Old Member
Now hold on a minute here Dougster. I believe that this is an oops thread, not a Show us a picture or tell us about getting stuck thread. Now you need to fess up buddy. I Know for a fact that your oops list is quite long. :poke:
Shouldn't you be at work right now??? :confused: :yankchain:

Read the first post again old Edster. Get out your glasses too! ;) It clearly *is* an "Opps, I got stuck" thread. :) No one wants to hear about me damaging my BH's bucket curl cylinder rod again. Other than my continuing quest to get Bradco to send me a new, undamaged rod... that is ancient history. :rolleyes:

Shouldn't you be at work right now??? :confused: :yankchain:

Read the first post again old Edster. Get out your glasses too! ;) It clearly *is* an "Opps, I got stuck" thread. :) No one wants to hear about me damaging my BH's bucket curl cylinder rod again. Other than my continuing quest to get Bradco to send me a new, undamaged rod... that is ancient history. :rolleyes:

No work we got rained out just like you:yum: .

I don't think we should restrict ourselves to just one kinda oops. What fun would that be. Plus people could learn alot more what not to does if we didn't narrow the topic.

Now before you go pointing fingers, I have never gotten a tractor stuck, other things yes. What you ask---Tractor Trailers both in the snow and on Daytona Beach. Skid steers---In the basement of a building, stood her right up vereticle on the rear end, it was lunch time had to sit there for 30 minutes looking at the floor joists before someone came back from lunch and saw me. My jeep---stuck too many times to list, but when you are out four wheeling getting stuck is just one of the pleasures. :letitsnow:

As far as breaking things --- Yes I did blow up the bush hog this fall. It wasn't my fault though. That rock poked it's head up just as the mower was going over it.

Dougster

Old Member
No work we got rained out just like you:yum: .
Seems there should be a new NTT rule that rained-out-of-work members holding unlimited expense accounts should be required to take a certain dirt poor OLD MEMBER to lunch somewhere with heat and without gruel. :tiphat: :yum:
I don't think we should restrict ourselves to just one kinda oops. What fun would that be. Plus people could learn alot more what not to does if we didn't narrow the topic. Now before you go pointing fingers, I have never gotten a tractor stuck, other things yes. What you ask---Tractor Trailers both in the snow and on Daytona Beach. Skid steers---In the basement of a building, stood her right up vereticle on the rear end, it was lunch time had to sit there for 30 minutes looking at the floor joists before someone came back from lunch and saw me. My jeep---stuck too many times to list, but when you are out four wheeling getting stuck is just one of the pleasures. :letitsnow:
GOD Almighty... I'dda paid for pictures of you stuck there in that skidsteer over lunch lookin' up at the floor joists above!!! :yum:

Seems there should be a new NTT rule that rained-out-of-work members holding unlimited expense accounts should be required to take a certain dirt poor OLD MEMBER to lunch somewhere with heat and without gruel. :tiphat: :yum:

GOD Almighty... I'dda paid for pictures of you stuck there in that skidsteer over lunch lookin' up at the floor joists above!!! :yum:

Yea it was quite the sight. Good thing it had a comfortable seat.

Lunch ----Longhorns or Nines?

Dougster

Old Member
Yea it was quite the sight. Good thing it had a comfortable seat.

Lunch ----Longhorns or Nines?
I was thinking more of the Capital Grill! :yum: :yankchain: :beer:

Seriously... just downed a big bowl of gruel half an hour ago... but thank ya kindly for the thought! :tiphat:

BTW, given that I am looking at used skidsteers, I'm curious: Do you happen to remember the brand??? :confused:

I was thinking more of the Capital Grill! :yum: :yankchain: :beer:

Seriously... just downed a big bowl of gruel half an hour ago... but thank ya kindly for the thought! :tiphat:

BTW, given that I am looking at used skidsteers, I'm curious: Do you happen to remember the brand??? :confused:

I was using a Thomas. I liked it, I did see that they had some financial problems a while ago. I think they have worked thru them though.

http://www.thomasloaders.com/

Ok no lunch what about dinner?

Dougster

Old Member
I was using a Thomas. I liked it, I did see that they had some financial problems a while ago. I think they have worked thru them though.
Ahhhh... okay. Nice flat back! ;) Bet you couldn't do that with the John Deere's I'm looking at! Much too rounded in the rear!
Ok no lunch what about dinner?
Headed to the GF's tonight and gone all day tomorrow taking my mother to a doctor's visit in Worcester. Maybe next week? I think it is my turn to pay again... so decide: two deluxe tacos or three regulars? :yum:

Attachments

• SkidSteer.jpg
    SkidSteer.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 345
  • 72959582.jpg
    72959582.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 341
Ahhhh... okay. Nice flat back! ;) Bet you couldn't do that with the John Deere's I'm looking at! Much too rounded in the rear!

Headed to the GF's tonight and gone all day tomorrow taking my mother to a doctor's visit in Worcester. Maybe next week? I think it is my turn to pay again... so decide: two deluxe tacos or three regulars? :yum:

No I don't think I could stand that one on end. Looks like if I got into that situation I would land up on the roof:yum: .

Next week is out I am in the office Tues-Thurs. Monday is a PAID Holiday. After that I am headed to the Big City. My time here is done. So it looks like you are out of luck, cause I was gonna snag the check no matter what!

Dougster

Old Member
No I don't think I could stand that one on end. Looks like if I got into that situation I would land up on the roof:yum: . Next week is out I am in the office Tues-Thurs. Monday is a PAID Holiday. After that I am headed to the Big City. My time here is done. So it looks like you are out of luck, cause I was gonna snag the check no matter what!
Chinese New Year??? :confused: Maine Lobsta celebration??? :confused: Ed Muskie's Birthday??? :confused:

Well, you are up more than a meal on me so I've got to buy you something! Contrary to popular folklore, the old Dougster does not accept charity. :notthatway: Sounds like I'll have to catch you in the Big City I guess. :thumb:

Chinese New Year??? :confused: Maine Lobsta celebration??? :confused: Ed Muskie's Birthday??? :confused:

Well, you are up more than a meal on me so I've got to buy you something! Contrary to popular folklore, the old Dougster does not accept charity. :notthatway: Sounds like I'll have to catch you in the Big City I guess. :thumb:

Na look at your calander Presidents Day. :letitsnow:

Mith

Yup, any oops will do :D

You know Dougster, we arent going to let you off without posting the story now! :)