What size wrench for blade bolt on Landpride ?

twentyacres

Hello Im going to attempt to remove and sharpen my blades on my RCR 1872 Landpride Brush Cutter.

The part refers to the bolt size as 1 1/8-12 PLT any ides what size wrench that requires? are there special sockets for removing the bolts?

Much Thanks?

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hello Im going to attempt to remove and sharpen my blades on my RCR 1872 Landpride Brush Cutter.

The part refers to the bolt size as 1 1/8-12 PLT any ides what size wrench that requires? are there special sockets for removing the bolts?

Much Thanks?

It's going to be big, probably 1 11/16 or 1/3/4 and that will put you into a 3/4" drive socket.

The parts detail online shows a nut above the pan you may need to hold. looks like the pan/blade assembly drops off the spindle on the gearbox for access.

I use an impact socket with an air impact wrench on my woods.

Jim

twentyacres

Thanks Jim!

Ill get both. Can never have to many. Does Kubota take metric sizes of Standard I have a L4400.

Have a great week.
John

urednecku

I just replaced the blades on my mower, but I'm not sure what brand it is. Anyhow, it took a 4-1 torque multiplier and about 4 feet of pull handle, with my 200 pounds pushing braced against my waist, to get one of the nuts off.
They might be tight!
If you have trouble getting 'em off, ya might try blocking up the rear of the mower and using a hand grinder.

SARG

Exactly what I do each time I use the cutter. I got a cheap 4 1/2 inch grinder .... I lift the deck on the tractor and sharpen off the edges from the rear of the machine while sitting on a repair stool. Takes less than five minutes.