With our new Kubota L39TLB, we also got the following extras:

Land Pride Box Blade - (No TNT Yet)
Land Pride Rear Blade
McMillen PHD With 2 Augers (6" and 9")
Anbo Grapple/Rake Combo
12" and 18" Backhoe Buckets
72" Front Loader With Bolt On Cutting Edge

Tractor Attachments.jpg

Does anyone have any real advice for us on the best and proper usage of these attachments?

B

bczoom

Does anyone have any real advice for us on the best and proper usage of these attachments?
Don't use the PHD for snow removal. :biggrin:

When using the PHD you may find it necessary to have a person near the PHD for lining it up as well as applying down pressure (depending on conditions). I have a 5' long pipe (or good chunk of wood) that the person can use to help. Also, watch out for roots. If the auger slips past a root and snags, it's going to be a bugger getting it back out. If your 3PH can't lift it (by snapping the root), you'll probably have to remove the auger from the gear box and use a big pipe wrench to spin the auger backwards to lift it out.

The straight rear blade is good for finish grading and snow removal. For most anything else, you'll probably want to use the box blade. When you are doing snow removal with the blade, keep your speed up. If you go too slow, the snow will accumulate in front of the blade instead of sliding off to the side.

larryRB

If that McMillen PHD is a hydraulic unit, he won't have to worry about getting stuck to often as the hydro unit can power reverse its self

Mith

Sorry a bit OT, but that backhoe bucket in the picture looks like it has a quick attach?
Is this a standard thing on the L39?

I guess it goes without saying too, but use the smallest bucket on the BH that you can, much quicker and less spoil out the trench.

M

mtntopper

Mith,
Yes, it has a quick attach for both the front bucket/grapple and the rear backhoe. I do believe the quick attach for the backhoe bucket is standard on the model 1000 Kubota hoe. The 12 inch bucket is for shallow trenching, ditching and stump removal. The 18 bucket will be used for excavation type applications like digging the wifes grave when she runs the grapple into my snowcat. I have been told it will handle a 24 inch bucket which I have not purchased yet until I size up the 18 inch at our 8450 foot elevation.

Pigtails Jaws & LMC.jpg