No corporate support from Case IH

jx55

Sent Case a question (e-Mail) :shitHitsFan: :shitHitsFan: about JX55 since the two dealers within 45 miles have closed. They told me to go to my nearest dealer 145 miles round trip. I guess I should have bought a Kubota ( 5 miles) - John Deere (2) 35 miles Kioti 10 miles or Massey Ferguson 10 miles. No telling how much money I will loose getting rid of this Case and getting one of the others. I see why there is not a Case forum.

Mith

To be fair, that could have happened to any brand, not alot you can do about it.
Welcome to the forum BTW.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hate to hear that jx55. My local JD dealer did the same thing just a few months after I bought my tractor. I had shopped them hard, and wanted the JD, but couldn't justify the price difference. So I bought orange (Kubota). Otherwise I would be in the same situation as you. From where I am in the boonies though it's still 80 mile round trip to the dealer. If I had bought JD it would have been 40 mile round trip.
Dealer or no, tractors seem to hold their value. If you really want to sell feel free to list in our classified forum and be sure to advertise on craigslist.org. You are right though in that it will cost you a few dollars to sell what you have and get another brand, no matter what you decide to buy.

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Sent Case a question (e-Mail) :shitHitsFan: :shitHitsFan: about JX55 since the two dealers within 45 miles have closed. ... No telling how much money I will loose getting rid of this Case and getting one of the others. I see why there is not a Case forum.
Welcome!

Why get rid of it? I think I would accept the risk that there is a *slight* chance of downtime where you would need to rent a temporary replacement, but the odds are good you can run for years without any need to take it in to the dealer. It might be a good idea to locate a come-to-you mechanic before you need him. Then just go on getting your money's worth out of it.

I would say you have a little added cost, but nothing like the cost you would bear immediately if you replaced it.

My own tractor is just in light use so it's not the same situation as yours, but it's never been off the place since I brought it here 4 years ago. It hasn't needed anything beyond the recommended maintenance. And it's 25-30 years old. No dealers anywhere, they closed in 1989. All my support is by mailorder, mostly from Texas.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Why get rid of it?

I would say the same thing. Case has a good product. If you can work through any warranty problems with the 145 mile dealer you can do most of the routine service yourself.

Once the warranty's out there's a good chance one of the local dealers will do service for you. I have a Kubota and I see green stuff in my dealers service dept all the time.

Welcome to the Forum.

Jim

N

Nicahawk

If you sell or trade it there's a good possibility you will lose quite a bit on the deal. I agree with California and Jim. Before I sold or traded, I would have a talk with the 145 mile dealer about support for serious warranty work then and do the service work myself or find a good mechanic or other brand dealer close by. Here we have Kubota and JD dealers with in 1 mile from each other and in between we have a diesel repair shop that has more business than they can handle because of their reputation for good work. I always use the independent shop for problems with my old JD1020 when the JD dealer is just across the street.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do.