Other Brands???

alaska120

Feel kinda left on the sidelines with 'other'. Hmmmm
Anyhow, I have a few 'others' in my fleet.
First, the largest as well, is a 1942 Allis Chalmers HD-14 dozer. Runs like a champ, pulls like a mule and will move mountains.
Next is a '67 Oliver OC-12. Nice little dozer with a blade and a bucket attachment.
I do have a 1980 JD 310 A as well though and love it. That thing will start at 30 below 0 if I plug in the heater...
Any other old pedigree out there?

Dougster

Old Member
Feel kinda left on the sidelines with 'other'. Hmmmm
Anyhow, I have a few 'others' in my fleet.
First, the largest as well, is a 1942 Allis Chalmers HD-14 dozer. Runs like a champ, pulls like a mule and will move mountains.
Next is a '67 Oliver OC-12. Nice little dozer with a blade and a bucket attachment.
I do have a 1980 JD 310 A as well though and love it. That thing will start at 30 below 0 if I plug in the heater...
Any other old pedigree out there?
Now please don't feel bad. "Other brands" need love too... and that's a mighty impressive little collection of antique® and classic® dirt moving toys you've got there. :thumb: Hope you post an introduction and tell us a little bit about yourself and why you have two bulldozers! :D

Then again, based on your screen name and your comment above re: "30 below zero"... I'll assume you live up in Alaska and maybe use those dozers to keep your driveway clear! :letitsnow:

And BTW, welcome to the friendly tractor forum! :)

Dougster :starbucks:

Erik

landlord has a 67 JD backhoe, AC D19 (sold the D17 to a neighbor), and an old IH 506/560 (can't remember which)
they get lots of use and I've driven all 3 helping him out on his farm a time or 2...
mine is a little Century 2535 (same as Branson 3510)

and I just want to thank you for sending that brisk little breeze our way this morning. yesterday it was about 65 at sunset, tonight it was 16 at the same time of day... wish you'd included more snow with it, though...

welcome to the forum!

N

Nicahawk

landlord has a 67 JD backhoe, AC D19 (sold the D17 to a neighbor), and an old IH 506/560 (can't remember which)
they get lots of use and I've driven all 3 helping him out on his farm a time or 2...
mine is a little Century 2535 (same as Branson 3510)

and I just want to thank you for sending that brisk little breeze our way this morning. yesterday it was about 65 at sunset, tonight it was 16 at the same time of day... wish you'd included more snow with it, though...

welcome to the forum!
Erick...I'm South of you and we went thru the same change. Was in Hutch yesterday when the 1 hr blizzard came thru. It started snowing here at 10:30 tonight and we're forecast to get about 2 - 4". Might be more coming your way. It's now 2:40 am and snowing like crazy.:letitsnow: Alaska, my thanks also.:yankchain:

How about some articulated units???

For the attachment freaks...
biggrin.gif

The Multione...this one is really polished import from Italy
Index
The Power-trac...this one is raw US made
Versatile Tractors,Compact Tractors,Trailer Packages,Landscaping,Utility Vehicle Rentals,Mowers-Power Trac
The Advantage...this one is a Finlandish import...
biggrin.gif
Mainpage
Gehl Company - Compact Equipment for Construction and Agriculture

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Alaska120. For those who don't know Alaska is on of my premier members on ForumsForums (He's a Super Site Supporter). :thumb:

Glad you mosied over this way Alaska. As we get other members to discuss these other brands I will be happy to create a new dedicated forum for any brand that generates threads about that one brand. As we grow I'm sure we'll expand quite a few of them. :D

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome Aboard Alaska120.

With all the Starbucks talk around here I thought that "Other Brands" might be a discussion of "Seattle's Best", Folger's and Maxwell House :hide:

For Dougster :starbucks::starbucks:

:yum::yum:

Dougster

Old Member
Welcome Aboard Alaska120.

With all the Starbucks talk around here I thought that "Other Brands" might be a discussion of "Seattle's Best", Folger's and Maxwell House :hide:

For Dougster :starbucks::starbucks:

:yum::yum:

Hey what about DD?
I may end up in the "other brands" forum more often if I end up buying one of the slightly used digging machines I'm currently looking at! :rolleyes: My pitiful little remaining money won't buy me much in the well-known "premium brands" categories. :rolleyes: I'm not going Chinese... but looking for bargains in the less popular brands may be the only way the poor old Dougster will be able to buy a suitable second digging machine. :eek:

I may end up in the "other brands" forum more often if I end up buying one of the slightly used digging machines I'm currently looking at! :rolleyes: My pitiful little remaining money won't buy me much in the well-known "premium brands" categories. :rolleyes: I'm not going Chinese... but looking for bargains in the less popular brands may be the only way the poor old Dougster will be able to buy a suitable second digging machine. :eek:

http://usediron.point2.com/Xhtml/Equipment/P2/Excavator-Crawler/ByManufacturerFromType.html

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter

Whatever you buy make sure it is red. then get a set of these.

Dougster

Old Member
Whatever you buy make sure it is red. then get a set of these.
Oh Lordy! You think I should try to appeal more to the traditional crowd... yes? :D

By the way, decals are so easy to get these days that "counterfeit" compact construction equipment is a growing problem. Many different "brands" are made by the same few Japanese/Korean/Etc. OEMs... so sometimes in behooves a seller to switch colors and decals a little at resale time to a more prestige name. Sounds corny and a little far-fetched... but the desperate equipment sellers don't seem to think so. :rolleyes: