What oil and hydraulic oil should be use for old ford 601 with 866 hours on it.

Milwaukee

Well I really want change all oil, transmission, and hydraulic oil before November's Thanksgiving.

I am worry about oil because I can't find oil what will work from extreme cold to hot I am look for multi oil. I like buy best oil so that engine could run long run instead seizure due bad oil.

What oil filter is for ford 601 with 4 cylinder incline motor.

What good hydraulic oil that will work good in cold winter and hot summer because last time we use in winter that 3 pto not work smooth it shake when try lift 800 pounds of hard clay with dirt scooper.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've read of others with issues with the hydraulics, and to solve them they went with synthetic hydro fluid. More expensive but it does make a difference.
I'm switching everything I own to synthetic oil as I change it. Boat, Tractors, cars and trucks. All Mobile 1. I've noticed lower operating temps after the switch. Particularly in the boat where I was always at 160 or above. Now I'm at 155 most of the time. Less friction is a good thing. And with synthetic you can go further between oil changes.
To verify this for myself I've sent my used oil in to be analyzed after running it 7500 miles and they ALWAYS come back with the gory details and say I'm good to run up to 10k miles or more between changes. 10k is to far for me, so while I trust the analysis, I don't want to push it to the limit.