new rtv

jdh1

HI, I received my RTV last weekend and WOW, WHAT A BEAR! It was pretty muddy on my property and this machine went everywhere my 4 wheeler went in 2 wheel drive. Had a slight leak on the hyd. tank which was just a loose clamp. I only put about 4.5 hrs. on it but I was really impressed with the power and the ride. I checked the tightness of all the filters and they seemed ok. I tried my 4 wheeler tire chains on the rear of the RTV and they will fit, does anyone have any experence with chains on their RTV? Seems like it would be unstoppable with chains. I also saw some discussion on the forum on whether Super UDT fluid is synthetic or not. I called Kubota in Ohio and spoke to a gentelmen in the R&d dept. He said Super UDT is NOT synthetic and is put in all the RTV's from the factory. He also recomended to go the full 50 hrs with the factory engine oil since it is a multi viscosity, break in oil. He said there could be a problem with oil consumption in the future if the original oil is change too soon. He said to drive it easy for the first day ( 5 - 10 hrs. ) or so, then drive it normally after that. THANKS for the replies, JDH1

G

Seems like good advice from the factory guy. There is alot of misinformation around about Super UDT, I'm even responsible for some of it. Your right thats its not a synthetic. Everything that Kubota ships is filled with it. I'm sure you've already read that its important to use it in the RTV tranny, you can really tell a difference.

Ricochet

[quote user="MessickFarmEqu"]Seems like good advice from the factory guy. There is alot of misinformation around about Super UDT, I'm even responsible for some of it. Your right thats its not a synthetic. Everything that Kubota ships is filled with it. I'm sure you've already read that its important to use it in the RTV tranny, you can really tell a difference.[/quote]</P>

Yep, that does sounds about right. [Y]</P>

[:^)] When did KTC Ohio get R&D guys. [;)]</P>