Trying to find Clutch Adjustment Tool.

jhollenbeck

I have been looking all over for an aftermarket Perma Clutch Adjustment Tool for a JD 4630. Anybody know where I can find one? Please and Thank you.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to Net Tractor Talk J.
I'm sorry but I haven't a clue on this tool. I would have guessed a JD dealer could get one for you. :pat:

jhollenbeck

Thanks for the reply, Doc. We live way out in the country and the nearest dealership for John Deere are not very nice people. We were trying to find the tool via a different source if possible, but it is proving to be slightly impossible. Thanks anyways :thumb:

Still looking if anyone else knows.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hi jhollenbeck, My kubota parts guy rubs me the wrong way too. That's why I buy from Messicks up in Pa. On the JD dealer, Have you considered using a dealer far off and having them mail it to you? We have a real nice dealership here and although it has been bought out , most of the original counter people are still there. They know our names when we come in the door and we don't go much. If you like, you can pm me and I will pm back their number and the polite guys name. Bordercollie

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
OK, I sent the info to you by return PM. . Let me know if you don't get the pm as I had trouble getting it to load. Good luck. Bordercollie

jd110

The special tool you are looking for is a JDE78A. It is a pretty expensive tool to buy. You might be better off taking the clutch and flywheel to your dealer after you replace worn parts and have him adjust it for you. The tool sells for around $1000.00.