GL3240hst hydraulic chatter / ticking

amigauser

I recently noticed a hydraulic chatter or ticking like sound at slightly under 2100 RPM on my Grand L3240hst tractor. I never noticed the sound before but I am not sure if it is normal or not. It could have always been there and I just did not notice it before.

The sound seems to come from the right side of the tractor when sitting in the seat but it is hard to tell exactly were. Basically at just slightly below 2100 RPM, when you turn the steering wheel or raise/lower the FEL you get the sound. It is reproducible and only at that specific RPM. If you raise or lower the throttle to change the engine RPM the sound appears to stop or start when you pass by that RPM.

If someone else on this board has a GL3240hst model, can you please check to see if yours makes a similar sound at that RPM? Maybe it is just harmonics, not sure as everything seems to work normally. My two year warranty runs out in December so if there is an issue, I want to have it corrected now.

Kerry

My dealer here in the Ozarks told me that filters can cause that type noise. The sound is the filter going in and out of bypass.