hard top any suggestions?

captmyway

hi all</P>

just purchased a 06 worksite, and man what a great machine it is!!!!, the dealer didnt have a hard top in stock so will have to order that, but my question is.. which one is better? also i plan on trailering the rtv about 300 miles for hunting.. will the hardtop withstand the wind at 65-75 mph ?? any ideas??</P>

</P>

G

We just bought worksite with plastic top, was recommended we had something as sun shade - and a good idea. We trailered it nearly 700 miles from OK to NM at highway speed without a problem.</P>

You shouldn't have any trouble - remember these things are very heavy - use a stout trailer- we had a 2 axle 16 foot and it worked fine.</P>

G

Either Kubota top will work fine, I've seen some of the aftermarkets and they are a bit chinsey in my opinion. </P>

I second that comment on trailers. I have used a single axle 3000lb before. It does work, but only for short trips.</P>

captmyway

thanks for the suggestions and answers... i will check and see if i can find a kubota top</P>

does anyone have any idea the cost of one of these?</P>

</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
catpmyway,

Welcome to the forum.

I have the plastic top. If you're in a wooded area where the roof may get a lot of impacts or scrapes from trees or branches, the plastic may be the better choice.

Londoner

we bought the "les expensive" black plastic top and it was around $220. Looks fine though and is quite rigid

captmyway

hi and thanks for the help... looks like i will be ordering the black plastic top since i plan on using the rtv hunting also.... im taking it to get the bedliner sprayed in this week, </P>

really like the forum and all the helpful comments and articles, sure makes it nice talking to some other owners and getting good suggestions on what to do or not to do.... i plan on putting some lights on in the following weeks.. does anyone have any suggestions where to connect them in the circuit?</P>

thanks again and looking forward to reading more about these great machines</P>

coobie

As far as the spray in bedliner,I used the herucliner roll on stuff.I paid $95 for complete kit.I put on 2 coats in the bed,this stuff works great.I did the same with my 2002 kawaski mule and it held up great until I sold it this year for the kubota rtv900.coobie

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="captmyway"]i plan on putting some lights on in the following weeks.. does anyone have any suggestions where to connect them in the circuit?[/quote]

Sure, but you need to tell us a little more about the lights you want to install.

The RTV is pre-wired for their worklight(s). If/as I recall, it requires you to have a relay and such installed as well. I believe you can only run 2 lights at a time using this process. If you're going this path, let me know and I'll find out which wires in the harness to connect.

Personally, I ran a new primary wire from the battery, through a large fuse to a series of switches. From those switches, I ran wires to the lights (again fused to each light). This allows me to run more lights at one time. BTW - I have the original lights (2 front/2 rear) as well as 11 other lights. My setup allows me to run as many as I want (as well as the stereo and amp)... [:D]

captmyway

i plan on putting some generic 55 watt rectangular lites mounted on the roll bar/rops... if you could sure would appreciate which wires to use in the harness... thanks!!!! i just put on the front storage rack.. its a really easy process and it says it will hold 200 lbs.. so i think that is a nice addition!! and tomorrow im taking it to get the bedliner sprayed in...</P>

will let you know how it turns out</P>

</P>

ajdillon

I put the wire colors/location in another thread here recently. Look for the RTV worklight thread, the scoop is in there.</P>

Andrew</P>