Starting RTV in cold weather?

Coastline

I have a diesel powered pick up truck but was wondering, how does the glow plugs in the rtv work?</P>

What position do you have to have the key in?</P>

Thanks in advance for any help.</P>

jdh1

2 clicks to the right is the glow plug position on the key, the light on the dash should come on. It's described on page 12 of the owners manual.

Coastline

Thank you very much, I looked for it in the manual (guess I overlooked it). Thanks again and best of luck to you.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Coastline,

Approx. where are you (so we have an idea of how cold it is).

I put a block heater on the engine as well as the tranny. They're on a timer and I have them set to come on about an hour or 2 before I would normally head out (after work). They do help...

Coastline

Thanks bc, I've seen your name pop up all over the forums. I live in southeastern N.C. so not that cold really, but I do have to use the glow plugs on my pickup truck. I don't think I'll be needing the block and tranny heater. Unless you knowsomething that I don't.</P>

Good luck with whatever you do,</P>

P.S. I was reading an earlier thread about names of other UTV's i.e.mule, ranger, rino etc.</P>

I names mine BOOTY (bota).[:D]</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="Coastline"]Thanks bc, I've seen your name pop up all over the forums.[/quote]

Me??? Couldn't be...[*-)][;)][:)]

[quote user="Coastline"]I live in southeastern N.C. so not that cold really, but I
do have to use the glow plugs on my pickup truck. I don't think I'll
be needing the block and tranny heater. Unless you knowsomething that
I don't.[/quote]

You should be fine in SE NC. If you said NW NC, I may think otherwise.