new 1100

tlk

well i pulled the trigger on a new 1100. had 3 rangers and got tired of paying for repairs so i am going to give the kubota a try. I like everything i have seen about them so far -

ideas on the best winch for one of these units? 3000 lb good? thanks for all the help and advice

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It didn't happen unless you post pictures. ;)

Just kidding. Congrats!

Warn and Ramsey are the "preferred" brands.

I have a Ramsey 3K and with the emergency brake on, it still drags it. If you're in a lot of mud or whatever, you may want to go higher.

I use mine for dragging things (normally logs) to the RTV. I haven't been stuck in years so it doesn't get used that way. If you're dragging stuff to the RTV regularly, consider getting a wired or (preferred) wireless remote. That way you can be with what's being dragged for control instead of sitting in the RTV's seat.

Don't forget to get a snatch block.

I prefer the Amsteel rope instead of cable.

tlk

pick it up friday :winterrules:and will post pics. winch for getting out of mud thanks for info may :hide:o 4000 lbs why rope instead of cable?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats. I bet you'll grow to love your RTV1100. A winch is a great add on. My wife was driving the grand kids back from our day on the river yesterday and picked the wrong side of the mud hole to go through. Buried the right side of our RTV900 up past the axle. Guess who has procrastinated on getting a winch. :bonk: With my Honda 400 ATV and the Diff lock on the RTV I got her out of the mud hole without too much trouble. It sure was a muddy mess though. :yum:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
pick it up friday :winterrules:and will post pics. winch for getting out of mud thanks for info may :hide:o 4000 lbs why rope instead of cable?
Oops. Missed this post.

OK, my winch fits in that cubby hole in the front end that's pre-made for a winch. I bang my shins enough to want my winch sticking out in front of the machine.

My winch (and RTV) are now over 9 years old. Back then, a 3K winch was all you could fit in there. Anything over that size gets mounted externally. I don't know if the winches have gotten smaller or the cubby hole has gotten larger but it's something to consider.

As for the rope, it doesn't kink, fray or retain any energy. If a cable snaps when under load, the cable is going to go flying. The rope just drops to the ground. If you do use the rope, you should switch the roller fairlead to a Howse fairlead.

tlk

Picked my unit up Friday and use for 8 hours so far. Totally impressed! cab is awsome -it ran great. i will post oic soon thanks for all the advice and help

tlk

I do have several questions - I noticed on the power steering that there is a slight noise i can hear when turning the steering wheel. hard to describe how it sounds but like a whine noise. Is that normal and common?

second i want to install a two rifle gun holder inside the cab - i do not want a floor mount. I would install above my head on the interior roof but the cab roof is lightweight and probably wont hold - any suggestions? thanks