Here's a "Talk About Anything" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I use Urea on the lawn but I think it's too much nitrogen in the garden. I put 100 pounds of 19-19-19 in the garden yesterday. I put more then 50 pounds of urea per acre on the lawn but you have to do it right before a good rain or it'll burn your grass really bad.

Kanook

Finally change the winter tires on the car,:clap: calling for rain today.:eek:

I think I'll wait a while longer before swapping out the snow tires..Friday forcast predicts another snow storm here in eastern Ont. Wish those Colorado lows would go on vacation 'till next Dec. If this weather keeps up we'll be water skiing behind Ski-Doos wearing snow skis this summer.

Kanook

Forgot to close the bathroom window before going to bed last nite....oops!

Attachments

• openwindow.JPG
    openwindow.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 152

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Forgot to close the bathroom window before going to bed last nite....oops!

We leave our bathroom window open.
Our world will also change quickly !!!!

No telling what would come threw ours down here !!!!!

Attachments

• Cotton_mouth.jpg
    Cotton_mouth.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 154
  • cottonmouth3666a.jpg
    cottonmouth3666a.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 155
  • Racoons.jpg
    Racoons.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 155
  • possum.jpg
    possum.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 149
  • Snake-on-a-box.jpg
    Snake-on-a-box.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 152

scotto2004

I was wondering if someone could lead me the the right place (form?) to get some imfo on my zd326s 60" mower.It is the first run of the season and I can't get the blades too engage. Thanks

Heatwave

Here's forum you might check:

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/kubota-forum/

I have a 2002 ZD21 w/60" deck ... made my first mowing of 2013 yesterday. Everything worked properly.

Are your blades turning freely? If they move properly, then the next thing to check is the drive belt. Is it running?

Is the idler pulley properly tensioned?

Is the PTO shaft properly positioned in the connection to the deck? Is the PTO spinning?

Can you localize the problem?

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I was wondering if someone could lead me the the right place (form?) to get some imfo on my zd326s 60" mower.It is the first run of the season and I can't get the blades too engage. Thanks

I'm no expert.

Something you can try. With the machine not running. Turn on key.
Engage the switch.
Do you hear the PTO clutch engaging ?

Do you have a Fuse to this ?
Is all of your safety thingys in the right place.

...... two guns

scotto2004

The problem I'm having is with the handle, when I try to push it forward, it will only go about a third of the way and it fells like it is in a jam. I pulled up the seat to get access to every thing and lubed it very well. be it looks like it just wants to rack at a weird angle.HELP!!!

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
The problem I'm having is with the handle, when I try to push it forward, it will only go about a third of the way and it fells like it is in a jam. I pulled up the seat to get access to every thing and lubed it very well. be it looks like it just wants to rack at a weird angle.HELP!!!

DON'T FORCE IT >>>>
Something just is not guided proper....

Might want to load it up and take to Kubota mechanic and just let him look at it.
Just might something simple. But don't want to force anything ....

........ two guns

Heatwave

What Two Guns said: don't force it. The blade-engage lever should slide smoothly, both to engage-blade and to disengage-blade.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
DON'T FORCE IT >>>>
Something just is not guided proper....

Might want to load it up and take to Kubota mechanic and just let him look at it.
Just might something simple. But don't want to force anything ....

........ two guns

True.
I would also look at that idler pulley area as Heatwave suggested. I wonder if there could be a stick or something in the way... With the engine off, see if the blades can be turned by hand from underneath. We have a zd 28 and all of those safety switches drive me nuts! I will try and look at ours tomorrow.... bordercollie

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
As many know,

We have hog problems bad down here in the south.
Even the fish is not safe.

We use infared, thermal-heat imaging, high output spot lights
and big high powered rifles down here. They are like something
out of a sci-fi movie.
Shoot three, nine show back up. It's bad !!!!

Hey peanut, have they showed up down there yet ?

Attachments

• Pig Fish.jpg
    Pig Fish.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 141

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
I want to know who turned off the heat? After a period of days where I was sweating getting the garden all ready to plant the rain moved in. Followed by the cold last night. Woke up to 34 this morning and never got above 36. Snow flurries were flying this afternoon and it is dang chilly. Was going to plant some things but fear the ground will be too cool now. Will see how the weekend goes. Going tomorrow to see about getting my pacemaker replaced since the battery is about shot. Wanted to have the early planting done and the cows in the barn before they do it. Will be slow and sore for a while after they cut me open.:hammer:

Status
Not open for further replies.