turning up RPM on X1100C

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
for you fellas who have adjusted the High idle RPM on your X1100C. would you please share what the before adjustment rpm was and what rpm you reset to? would you also share how many hours you have since the change and your operating habits conditions? how much of the time do you operate at max throttle?

Thanks

hondajoe

High no load rpm

I have set my high rpm from 3250 to 3600.I have also turned up the pump.As far as how often ran like this everytime I drive it.I also run syn oil.X900 Hope this helps,JOE

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I have set my high rpm from 3250 to 3600.I have also turned up the pump.As far as how often ran like this everytime I drive it.I also run syn oil.X900 Hope this helps,JOE

just so i understand? you run the engine at max throttle all the time? i am looking for the percent of time the engine is being over revved ? how did you turn up the pump? by rotating the valves? how many hours since you made the change???

hondajoe

No load rpm

Its been about 400 hours since I did the pump.This rtv will run 25 mph on flat ground that would be 3600 rpm.Anything under 25 mph is under 3600 rpm. Anything over 25 mph would be a slight engine over speed.Many things factor in the way these things run over sized tires low air added weight.JOE

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Its been about 400 hours since I did the pump.This rtv will run 25 mph on flat ground that would be 3600 rpm.Anything under 25 mph is under 3600 rpm. Anything over 25 mph would be a slight engine over speed.Many things factor in the way these things run over sized tires low air added weight.JOE

Thanks for the info. what percent of those 400 hours are at 3600 rpm?

hondajoe

RPM

My rtv is used off road only hardly get on the road.Can I ask you for your numbers I know you mess with yours a lot.Also do you still run a stock lift pump,JOE

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
what numbers do you need? i need to look but i think i have over 4000 miles on it but only about 500 or 600 hours. when i am mobile between places i always run full throttle. sometimes if i am pulling or working it i keep the throttle at full and control speed with the foot. the rest of the time i let the foot do it all. i have been tempted to turn up the RPM as i think it has been derated to meet epa. something else i need to check is the thermostat and see if it runs hot enough because that is another trick to keep tier 4 is to run a cooler engine to reduce emissions. i know in the john deere yanmar 3tnv80f engines the people who own them have increased performance by replacing the 160 degree thermostat.

everything is stock on mine.