More rain

Mith

Hey I'm British, all we do is talk about the weather right :D

Was hoping to go out and get a bit of tractor time in cutting a pasture, but the weather has ended that plan.

Been rain on almost every day since the end of April, I'm sure you guys have seen something about the flooding further north.
Bit of a change from the drought last year!

I understand alot of the US is very dry? Let me know where you want me to send all this extra rain :D

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We've been extremely dry in Ohio so far this year. Just yesterday we had a good rain, the first one in more than a month. So .... we could use a little bit of your rain Mith, but surely not of the every day variety! :eek:

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Yeah we need more, the wife has been watering the new lawn every day except for a couple the last 2 months. The new 2 acres is suffering but it seems to respond great to the rain when we get it! It would be nice if we continue to get these afternoon splashes we've got a couple days this week!

jwstewar

Staff member
I'm not far from Doc, so we get pretty much the same weather as him. I've been busy and hadn't done any bush hoggin'. Well finally got around to do it, and what do you know it rains. Since it waited this long, it could've waited a couple more days.:( The area that I need to do stays pretty wet and it would've actually allowed me to get to areas that I normally can't get to w/o getting stuck. I did get one side of our ditch (the side toward the house) cut the other day. Managed to only get stuck once.:yankchain: Had to have Monica pull me out with the truck. It was because of mud, but because I back a little too far down and it an area that was too steep for the tractor to get its back tires up. I learned a long time ago in that position don't even bother with the loader as it won't do any good in that position.:forgetit:

ghautz

I understand alot of the US is very dry? Let me know where you want me to send all this extra rain :D

Send all you can, postpaid, to Arizona.:D We are in about the 12th year of drought. The weatherman has been giving us predictions of 10% rain probability for a week in advance and then retracting them for about a month now. The latest forecast says we might see some by Wed or Thurs. The fear is that the first storms will be dry thunderstorms, igniting forest fires.

Mith

Its throwing it down again today, you guys better PM your addresses :D
I tried to move some compost but just got the tractor stuck. There is water sitting on the surface its so saturated.....

Mith

Its gets better

_42458720_olivia_young_2.jpg

I kid you not, in London today!

ghautz

Thanks for the rain, Mith. Your container must have leaked a bit, tho. This afternoon we got between 10 and 12 inches, Arizona measure (that is the distance between drops). We are ready for more, if you can spare it.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
:yum: We got some of that type of 'rain' to. You really can call it rain if the ground doesn't get totally wet. Dry spots on the driveway tell the tale.

ghautz

...You really can call it rain if the ground doesn't get totally wet. ...

When you live here in the Arizona desert you learn to appreciate whatever moisture that falls. I think it was the state historian, Marshall Trimble, who told about the early farmers in this area who planted their crops in wagons, so they could move them to wherever they saw a rainstorm.

On a related note, it has been so long since we got any rain that there are rumors of a variety of mosquito here that has evolved to breed in dust. The treehuggers will be up in arms and looking for government assistance if we get a couple of wet seasons in a row, because it would probably drown the whole species.

Mith

And more rain. Don't know if your news has covered the flooding here. Most of the midlands is under water.
We got a months worth of rain in a few hours last Friday.
Down south where I am isn't affected too much, a bit of localised flooding, but nothing as bad as further north.
I can count the number of days without rain since April on my fingers.
_44014086_glo_sun_aerial.jpg

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yep, all the rain over there has been on the news here since the flooding last Friday. I wondered if it was affecting you any. Glad to hear it's not. :thumb:

Mith

We've had stuff washed away, and the roads are falling apart. Couple of lanes blocked by landslides.
It doesn't compare to those folk with everything the own under water though.