Rtv-x1140 Transmission issue

Cantrellc123

My 1140 has developed an issue with the transmission. It first started showing up as having to apply more fuel before it’d move, it reminds me of an older car auto tranny with a high stall speed torque converter. Recently it takes a bit of effort to get it to go. I thought before taking it to the dealer I’d ask here for knowledge.
Important info
1-5,000 miles & 400+ hours
2- I’ve installed a turbo on it. I live on hilly terrain and it’s made a world of difference.
3- I recently changed the fluid and filters in the tranny. I didn’t do this due to the issue but per maintenance schedule. It’s gotten worse since the change, to the point that Saturday we started out and then stopped, 5 minutes later we start it and it wouldn’t move at full throttle. I shifted back and forth from forward to reverse a few times and finally got it going

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum. Wish it was under better circumstances.

When you replaced the fluid and filters, did you use Kubota filters and Kubota's UDT or Super UDT fluid? Using other brands have been known to give you the problem you're having.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome :) I don't know about your year model but a couple of years ago, there was a problem with the refill port location on the newer rtvs. It was sort of hidden so a few folks didn't fill the proper location and the transmission was actually very low on fluids because of this. Please check your dipstick and see if oil is on it. (the sudt is so clear, I have to lay it horizontal on my finger to make a wet spot in order to see it). Don't drive till you check it - just in case it's low. bordercollie

Did you add the transmission oil to the hydraulic tank reservoir under the passenger seat. If its like the x1100 that tank drains when you do a change.

This has happened to several members on this forum with symptoms similar to what you are stating after a fluid change.

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Another satisfied customer!!!
Forum members make this Forum G-R-E-A-T.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Good news is grreat to hear ! More than a few a while back as I referred to didn't know the proper place to fill and later found metal shavings after the transmission about quit. Kubota should make the proper refill place more obvious . I've never seen this model but am just going on the past when forum members had bad luck with it. bordercollie

Cantrellc123

In hindsight I could have looked thru the owners manual more closely but to be honest it never occurred to me that there could be another place I’d have to fill to get in the appropriate amount of fluid.