MF1650 Restore

olcowhand

Been restoring my stock MF1650 for my nephew. He asked if I had one for sale & I decided to let her go as I have used it very little with all the tractors I have. He wanted me to restore it & him being an ok guy I've been working on it a couple months or so. Here's some clickable thumbnails. I just put the decals on today. I cut them this morning. Gonna be sad seeing her leave here now!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Very nice work. Since I just upgraded I thought I had a problem with thumbs cause yours are smaller than normal. I see now it's photobucket. :D

Good looking tractor for sure. You do good work!!!!!! :thumb:

Nick

Beautiful job - that is a work of art. I thought that little tractor in the first picture was brand new! I liked the way you remembered to take pictures at different stages. I always intend to do that on some of my wood working projects, but usually get 'caught up in the moment' and forget to take the pictures.

Nick

Mark777

Beautiful craftsmanship....

I can't think of anything more satisfying than resurrecting a piece of machinery to show room quality for one's self....except, maybe doing it for a family member.
Did you do the paint work as well? If so, what kind, type of chemistry did you use (acrylic enamel, synthetic, urethane...polyurethane??)

A stunning quality finished restoration...and thanks for sharing!

Mark

olcowhand

Thanks everybody. Mark, I used factory Agco Massey paint, straight enamel. Used acrylic enamel thinner, and "Marhyde" wet look hardener. I never "color sand" or buff. I'm always happy with my paint the way it lays. I used a Harbor Freight HVLP gun. Sure does a good job with hardly any overspray at all. I've used this gun on many tractors over the last 2 years & can attest to it's spraying quality. Cost me $50 back then, but it's only $28 now! Here's link to the gun:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=45001

Mith

Great job as ever Dan.
How does it compare size wise to your one with the loader. Your loader looks much bigger, but the model number leads me to believe they are the same size?

olcowhand

Great job as ever Dan.
How does it compare size wise to your one with the loader. Your loader looks much bigger, but the model number leads me to believe they are the same size?

Jim, they are the same tractor, both 1650's, except for my using the MF14 hood, grille & dash. The loader MF also has the oversize 26x12x12 rear tires which also make it appear larger.

shinnlinger

Cow hand,

I have an ol cub cadet 149 that is lets out a squeak every tme I open one of your threads. It is just begging for a restore (has the speed creep problem)
Interstingly, I just busted out my harbor freight paint gun for the first time today and it did a fine job painting a neighbors truck canopy/cap/topper