Happy Veterans Day

Mark777

The title of this thread, and like other references to Happy Veterans Day, has always been a bit of an oxymoron for me. I don't mean, or imply that veterans shouldn't be happy...but like my friends, military comrades and current veterans in foreign lands, I want *Happy* to be interpreted AS appreciation from me.

Of all the holidays my family shares, and although the family get-togethers are wonderful...there is no finer, more important or emotional day that impacts me more than Veterans Day.

To ALL of you that have served, and are now serving in defence of our freedom, God Bless You.

Mark

B

bczoom

Thanks Mark. I appreciate your thanks/gratitude.

You do know that it's not for a few more days, right?

Mark777

Thanks Mark. I appreciate your thanks/gratitude.

You do know that it's not for a few more days, right?

Yes, and never having started a thread...but always thinking about veterans a full week...before the day is officially recognised, I couldn't stop thinking about it.

There may be a few that remember when returning veterans weren't too popular. I kissed the ground, and every Veterans Day since, I've bowed my head and thought about those that served and returned, and those that never will. I won't allow myself (or anyone else near me), to minimize their importance regardless of peace time, or a time of conflict.

I hope that makes some sense.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Excellent post Mark. You said is so well. I agree 100%.

Thanks to all serving and those who have served and their families who endure the long times all servicemen are away from home. :applause: :applause: :applause: :tiphat: