Aint it always the way

Mith

We were just about to head out and grill up a bit of nosh, but alas, the rain started.
Its throwing it down like it hasn't done for a long time :D

Nothing like a barbecue to make it rain! :umbrella:

Mith

Really?!
I don't think I would be too impressed if the authorities decided they needed to tell me when I could and couldn't light my barbie.

I know you aren't allowed to burn garden waste in the town, but out here, there aren't any rules.

Must be seriously dry that a barbecue poses a fore hazard big enough to ban people using them huh?

ghautz

Our area is in the midst of a serious drought. Because of the "Smokey Bear" campaign (very aggressive forest fire suppression) over the last 60 to 100 years, the forests are very dense. That, coupled with the dryness, has raised the fire danger in this area. We need some rain. Oh well, as someone wiser than I once said, it always rains after a dry spell.

BoneheadNW

I too was rained on while bbqing last night. Not too hard of a rain though and people here learn to do things outside rain or shine.
Bone

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We had a very hard rain pass through our area last Friday (June 8th). It started at 3:30 in the afternoon. We are in a very dry spell also and really needed the rain, but Friday was supposed to be my boys graduation from college and it was set to be outside ... so rain any other time would be better from our point of view.
As it turned out it poured at 3:30 Friday, and quit by 5pm. They did not do a knee jerk reaction and cancel the graduation, they waited it out, and things worked out great. We had the graduation and everyone stayed mostly dry. The chairs were still wet, but no biggie we handled that. :D

BoneheadNW

Congratualtions on your sons graduation. Wow, that is a big step. What is he planning on doing after graduation?
Bone

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks BH. He already has a job, and plans to keep it for the time being. He is planning to get married one year from now when his girlfriend / fiance graduates. In the mean time he is considering some more classes in the fall to enhance his skill set, but right now, he's focusing on boating. He has a ski nautique and they have a ball with that boat. Pulls 4 tube-ers at a time and wake boards like crazy. He just added speakers onto the tower so he has the boat all tricked out. :thumb: For an old boat it looks GREAT. So ... long way of saying he's ready for some fun, and he's earned it. :thumb: :D