Saturdays the big day

Big D

I finally found out today that i will get the new tractor on saturday. My wife ,Steph, has already informed me that she will be watching me closley because this is the first tractor I have Had that has a FEL. Hopefully i can contain myself and not tear up the whole yard playing. I'll post some pics the night i get it:king:

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Congratulations!

You will enjoy the fel. very handy tool. Do you have a pile of dirt to practice on?

Jim

Mith

Dont forget the pictures! :D

Dont tear up the whole yard on the first day! Save some for the second :D Then move onto the neigbours! :D

Have fun!

Mark777

Congratulations Big D!

In a very short while you'll wonder how you ever got by without a FEL. It has to be the most significant attachment ever invented...(IMHO).

Mark

jwstewar

Staff member
Congrats Big D. Enjoy and be safe. Watch out when you start tearing the yard up, Steph will never let you live it down. Monica still gives me grief about this hole I dug when I was trying to locate a water line. She had gone to town and came back and the tractor was in the hole. She gave the look of What the.....:eek2: :p

Attachments

• HPIM0336.jpg
    HPIM0336.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 25
  • HPIM0337.jpg
    HPIM0337.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 28
  • HPIM0338.jpg
    HPIM0338.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 25
  • HPIM0339.jpg
    HPIM0339.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 24

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Your gonna have fun for the next couple days I see, after that get a toothbar ............;)

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats Big D.
Being a fairly new tractor site we all had our tractors already. You are the first member (that I know of) to get a new tractor after joining here!
Awesome!
I remember the feeling waiting for them to deliver mine. I couldn't wait. Like a kid at christmas time. :D
You will love the Front End Loader! It is quite the back saver.
Don't forget to post some pics for your buddies here on NTT.

PBinWA

Have fun and go punch some holes in the ground. I'll second the toothbar recommendation. A toothbar makes a world of difference!

B

bczoom

Big D.

Congrats on almost getting your new tractor.

Being as this is your first FEL, read the owners manual or post here about SAFE operation when using it. It's a whole different beast and when you have your bucket full, the tractor can/will act very differently.

E.g. I was hauling some dirt yesterday in the bucket. My rear tires are weighted but I didn't have a counter weight off the 3PH. I wasn't in 4WD so when I was going down a hill, there was enough weight out the front for me to lose traction in the rear and I slid down the hill. I knew it was coming and what to do but it can generate a pucker factor if you're not accustomed to it nor expecting it.

Be safe out there...

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Big D.

E.g. I was hauling some dirt yesterday in the bucket. My rear tires are weighted but I didn't have a counter weight off the 3PH. I wasn't in 4WD so when I was going down a hill, there was enough weight out the front for me to lose traction in the rear and I slid down the hill. I knew it was coming and what to do but it can generate a pucker factor if you're not accustomed to it nor expecting it.

Be safe out there...

:eek: Now that would generate some pucker factor, even if you did know what to do.
Take heed Big D. Things happen fast and can go downhill fast if you do the wrong thing on a tractor.
I'm assuming you are tractor savvy since you have the old Massey also. But don't be shy about asking advice if your not sure. One of us just might have been in a similar situation and can shed some light from our experience.

Mith

I'm a complete loader novice, well, 2 weeks experience :D
Took me a little while to get the technique to getting a full bucket.

I highly recommend adding as much weight to the rear wheels as possible. I added enough so that I can use the loader at full capacity with no rear attachments for counterweight.

Heed the advice from these guys, especially about keeping it low to the ground as much as possible, or you might be finding out how well the roll bar works :eek:

Big D

Dont worry Jim, your wife is not the only one that does that. We have been married four short years and i know i have seen that look many a times. I still live by the moto that is easier to ask forgiveness than for permission so i am ready to see that face many more times.

Jim Slagle. No i currently dont have a pile to practice on but im sure i can make a couple. Im sure Steph will love that!!!!

In all honesty though, i am going to make sure i feel comfortable using the fel before i get into any big projects.

I am also going to attempt to make a toothbar. I saw a few online and actually that is how i came across this site and i am very glad to have found it. This is a great source of information and a great place to talk to people with the same intrests.

Thanks for all the feed back guys and you will definatly see pics soon.

Big D

You Guys were right. I dont know how i got along without my FEL. I love my new tractor. I am staying somewhat reserved with it but i dont know how long i can hold out before i start digging holes in the yard for no good reason. Also here are some pics of me, little D and Steph the first night we got it. Soon i'll have some pics of it working.

Attachments

• P1010025.jpg
    P1010025.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 31
  • P1010026.jpg
    P1010026.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 41
  • P1010024.jpg
    P1010024.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 20

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good pics Big D. :thumb: You all look happy to be on the tracor .... especially Little D. :D

Mith

Looks like a winner with all the family :D Especially the littl'un!

The trick is to think of a use for the hole while you are digging it :D
Dont forget that once you have dug the first hole you have to dig another to bury the dirt from the last :D

Big D

:yum: Thanks for that Mith. I never even thought about what to to with the dirt from the first hole. Steph is really going to love you for the idea:hide: Dont worry i won't tell her where i go it:biggrin: