Net Tractor Talk

Go Back   Net Tractor Talk > Brand Specific Forums > Other Brands Forum (TYM Tractors, Cub Cadet, Craftsman, Simplicity etc.)

Other Brands Forum (TYM Tractors, Cub Cadet, Craftsman, Simplicity etc.) TYM, Tractors, Cub Cadet, Century, Craftsman, Simplicity etc.... With enough activity, any brand can become a forum. Show the activity here.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:25 AM

homemade is on a distinguished road

I had the key shear off in boat motor once, must of been a backfire once it still was tight but just off a bit
Old 05-26-2012, 09:27 PM

elkhound is on a distinguished road

I think homemade is right. Even if the key looks fine replace it.
Old 06-07-2020, 08:51 AM

jwstewar is on a distinguished road

Well guys, yesterday was a great day in the life of this project. It had gotten shoved to the side and I hadn't spent any time on it since this thread. I was moving out of the garage yesterday to a recently acquired shed. My son and a friend of his were there and they were helping. They wanted to hear what it was doing. So we started messing around with it. Low and behold, we were all thinking timing again - sound familiar? As I started to pull the flywheel off, the woodruff key fell out before the flywheel was even loose. So we proceed to pull it off and put it back together. I walked away to meet with someone that was there to pick up a goat. They tried starting it again and spraying it with starting fluid. The damn thing actually tried to start and actually did run for a few seconds. They went to the gas station and bought some gas and we put it in. It actually started and ran. We put the drive belt on it and it moved under its own power for the first time since 2002!!! Now, we couldn't let it run long as fuel was pouring out of the bottom of the carb. I jumped on ebay and actually happened to find a new carb for it. It is ordered and we will see when it shows up. I also ordered a new fuel shut off valve for it....trying to keep it looking original. I will go to down and get fuel line, a battery, and a new drive and generator belt for it so we can actually get it running decent. I will also change the oil in it. Once I know it is running good, I will start the restoration process of it. Keagan's buddy actually went to trade school for autobody. I will have him lay the paint down on it probably with an automotive quality paint with clear coat. I don't plan on this being a worker any longer, but able to if wanted to be, but I want to be able to take it to the fair and display it and such.

Last edited by jwstewar; 06-09-2020 at 03:56 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jwstewar For This Useful Post:
bczoom  (06-07-2020), Doc  (06-08-2020), Jim Slagle  (06-07-2020)
Old 06-07-2020, 09:12 AM

bczoom is just really nicebczoom is just really nicebczoom is just really nicebczoom is just really nice

Sweet! I recently resurrected a 23 year old garden tractor that's been sitting for over a decade. It's a good feeling when you get old iron running again.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bczoom For This Useful Post:
Doc  (06-08-2020), Jim Slagle  (06-07-2020)