Throttle shaft binding on 1510D

Mark777

Hello jegssr,

When you say binding, do you mean the alignment binds while it tries to actuate at front and rear directions? Or is it binding at the final linkage at the fuel injection pump?

Often linkage will bind when one, single washer is either missing or too many on one side and not any on the other. Yanmar makes a fairly sturdy throttle linkage but it's also critical everything, from cotter pin to washer sides are properly assembled...and who knows, maybe someone put it together just a little bit off and only now are you experiencing problems?

If you need a parts index drawing of your assembly...just give me a holler :).

Mark

jegssr

Hello jegssr,

When you say binding, do you mean the alignment binds while it tries to actuate at front and rear directions? Or is it binding at the final linkage at the fuel injection pump?
Mark

I mean the throttle shaft is binding in the fuel injection pump body.

Mark777

OK, You should have an arm-cover-plate with four 6mm (10mm Head) bolts. The fine throttle metering rod actually operates the helical gears...something must be amiss inside.

You should be able to remove and operate the throttle and watch with a decent flashlight...see what's binding or slipping....maybe? That rod is the same one that you must detach or connect to remove/replace the fuel injection pump.

Mark

jegssr

OK, You should have an arm-cover-plate with four 6mm (10mm Head) bolts. The fine throttle metering rod actually operates the helical gears...something must be amiss inside.

You should be able to remove and operate the throttle and watch with a decent flashlight...see what's binding or slipping....maybe? That rod is the same one that you must detach or connect to remove/replace the fuel injection pump.

Mark
Thanks Mark; although the bind certainly COULD bhe under the cover plate, squirting penetrant on the shaft has eased operation a bit. I'll pull the cover. What lubricates the shaft and helical gears?

Mark777

LOL..........IF you pull that cover While the engine is running...you'll eat a face full of splashed oil from the camshaft gear.

Seriously, It gets plenty of lube from the gear assembly inside the timing case cover.

OH...and the LOL part?? I've done it before so I'm laughing at me and just letting you know :).