TYM workout

8x56mn

Well had a chance to do a little work with the new TYM 300 tractor. Box bladeing, tree removal etc. Last night I drove up to a thorn tree that was about 8-10" in diameter, set the blade about 4 feet off the ground and just pushed the sucker out of the ground roots and all, tractor barely broke a sweat, 4wd,1st. gear, mid range just above idle speed So far I'm loving this new tractor. cool:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Well had a chance to do a little work with the new TYM 300 tractor. Box bladeing, tree removal etc. Last night I drove up to a thorn tree that was about 8-10" in diameter, set the blade about 4 feet off the ground and just pushed the sucker out of the ground roots and all, tractor barely broke a sweat, 4wd,1st. gear, mid range just above idle speed So far I'm loving this new tractor. cool:
I remember being totally amazed the first time I did something very similar. :D Loved it. These things are powerful and can do so much. This 1st season with it I predict it will continually amaze you with what all it can do.

nuffer460

Doc's right!! You will find more things to do with it. The hard thing to remember, they are still compact tractors. I tend to forget that part, ALLOT!!:yum: Need pictures!!

John

8x56mn

I used my bb to move the top layer of sand around my out door riding ringe yesterday. Some areas were just to deep and it worked great. I needed the agg tires to do this as the bota with turffs would spin. Tell me at what hp do tractors become full size?:)

nuffer460

That's a good question! My grandfathers used to rate tractors by horsepower and 3pth pin size. Category 3 hitch pins definitely full sized. Category 2 hitch is a medium sized tractor, maybe!! This is where things get confusing for me. I have a Massey 44 and a Nuffield 460. The Massey has about 40 hp, rear wheel drive. The Nuffield has 60 hp rear wheel drive. Both have Category 2 pins. They also have bigger frames. Now if you buy a compact tractor with 4wd up to 45 hp, they have Cat 1 pins. 50hp and up to 80 or 90 hp have Cat 2 pins. So that kind of puts a bend in my grandfathers thoughts. I have a 25 hp 4wd that can out work my Massey, but the Massey has larger pins. :pat: Great Question!!!!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I agree, good question. I thought 50hp and above were full size, but I have nothing to base that on. I might have read that or something that gave me that impression somewhere.

Erik

I thought up to 30 was subcompact utility, 28-50 was compact utility, 50-80 was utility, and 80+ was "full sized ag".
but - an AC D17 is considered an ag machine, and it's pretty close to the same size as my 3510. (and has nowhere near the pulling power as a neighbor of mine discovered a couple of times this winter :D )
so it's very possible the hitch pins define "size": cat 0 (3/4), cat 1 (7/8), cat 2 (1"), and cat 3 (1 1/8")

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
There are a lot of overlapping models between compact, compact utility, and full size tractors. Compact and compact utility tractors can be as much as 60 pto hp, while full-size may start in around 40 up. Generally each manfacturer will designate whether a particular model is a compact tractor or a full-size tractor. The compact tractors are usually shorter and lighter than their full-size brothers.

Fred

nuffer460

I have to agree with greenwannabe. It is up to the manufacturer. If you look at different makes, they all produce. There are overlaps from different models in the same brand. I think that's what my Grandfathers would agree with too. Still a great question!!

8x56mn

That is very interesting, I thought it all had to do with the physical size of the tractor itself. OK so what did they call them before there were known as CUT's, small tractors?:)

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
:yum: Another good question. 8N would sure fit the small tractor category. :D