RTV Updates

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
No idea if he's charging back the labor.

For all the updates that have come out so far, I can probably get them done in the amount of time it would take just to ship the machine off to him.
Now, if there were updates that required anything internal to the engine or tranny, I'd let the dealer do it.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
No idea if he's charging back the labor.

For all the updates that have come out so far, I can probably get them done in the amount of time it would take just to ship the machine off to him.
Now, if there were updates that required anything internal to the engine or tranny, I'd let the dealer do it.

Ricochet

[quote user="bczoom"]I can probably get them done in the amount of time it would take just to ship the machine off to him.[/quote]

Yeah, these things are minor and fairly easy to do.

Ricochet

[quote user="bczoom"]I can probably get them done in the amount of time it would take just to ship the machine off to him.[/quote]

Yeah, these things are minor and fairly easy to do.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="bczoom"]Replace Auxiliary Hydraulic Tank Cap (Applies only to RTV900W and some RTV900R units, as well as those equipped with V4242 auxiliary hydraulics.) - SN 10001 - 19060[/quote]

I received my replacement gauges, spark arrestor and Aux. Hyd Cap yesterday.
Well, I was hoping to drag the process out awhile, have a couple beverages and enjoy some play time... Then, 15 minutes later, everything was done. [:|]

Question on the new Aux. Hyd. Tank Cap. The change was to include a dipstick.
How do you measure it (box up with hyd. cyl. extended or box down with hyd. cyl. retracted)?
I checked the dipstick with the box up. No reading on dipstick.
Checked again with it down and it just touched the bottom of the dipstick.

I pulled out the manual and that didn't help. It shows the dipstick for the version with the rear aux. hyd. setup but that didn't help (the tank size, capacity... is all different).

Any advise?
Brian

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="bczoom"]Replace Auxiliary Hydraulic Tank Cap (Applies only to RTV900W and some RTV900R units, as well as those equipped with V4242 auxiliary hydraulics.) - SN 10001 - 19060[/quote]

Well, I was hoping to drag the process out awhile, have a couple beverages and enjoy some play time... Then, 15 minutes later, everything was done. [:|]

How do you measure it (box up with hyd. cyl. extended or box down with hyd. cyl. retracted)?

I pulled out the manual and that didn't help. It shows the dipstick for the version with the rear aux. hyd. setup but that didn't help (the tank size, capacity... is all different).

Any advise?
Brian

Ricochet

[quote user="bczoom"] <blockquote> <table width="85%"> <tbody> <tr> <td class="txt4">/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gifbczoom wrote:</td></tr> <tr> <td class="quoteTable"> <table width="100%"> <tbody> <tr> <td class="txt4" valign="top" width="100%">Replace Auxiliary Hydraulic Tank Cap (Applies only to RTV900W and some RTV900R units, as well as those equipped with V4242 auxiliary hydraulics.) - SN 10001 - 19060</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></blockquote>

Well, I was hoping to drag the process out awhile, have a couple beverages/emoticons/emotion-22.gif and enjoy some play time... Then, 15 minutes later, everything was done. /emoticons/emotion-8.gif

Any advise?
Brian[/quote]

I don't think it really matters, but bed up sounds good to me...that's how I check it. :)

Ricochet

[quote user="bczoom"] <blockquote> <table width="85%"> <tbody> <tr> <td class="txt4">/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gifbczoom wrote:</td></tr> <tr> <td class="quoteTable"> <table width="100%"> <tbody> <tr> <td class="txt4" valign="top" width="100%">Replace Auxiliary Hydraulic Tank Cap (Applies only to RTV900W and some RTV900R units, as well as those equipped with V4242 auxiliary hydraulics.) - SN 10001 - 19060</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></blockquote>

Well, I was hoping to drag the process out awhile, have a couple beverages/emoticons/emotion-22.gif and enjoy some play time... Then, 15 minutes later, everything was done. /emoticons/emotion-8.gif

Any advise?
Brian[/quote]

I don't think it really matters, but bed up sounds good to me...that's how I check it. :)

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Jippy,

Wasn't sure how much the cyl. volume used out of the tank when extended.
I'll add some tonight.

Brian

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Jippy,

Wasn't sure how much the cyl. volume used out of the tank when extended.
I'll add some tonight.

Brian