New windshield ordered for RTV1140

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
What would you like me to ask? I asked for glass originally and they quoted me $1200 for my 2009 RTV1140.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Talking with Curtis, and they said the correct part # is 77700-01489
Looking on Messick's, price is about $720.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
you could load it up and take it to a glass shop. have them make you a windshield out of safety glass.:sorry:

if you decide to go this route remember to have them drill a hole for a windshield wiper and one for a washer. i used to have windshields fabricated for equipment and ir wasn't as expensive as you would think. if you ever broke one it was super easy to replace too.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Curtis said the full kit is [FONT=&quot]V4464[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Well, I have the 1489 model, but it sure seems to tall to me. Took it back to the dealer today. He said it is made to fit with a different top than the mod'ed RTV900 top I have on there. So, he believes that is the problem. I have an appointment with them to take the RTV over and let them see if they can make it work.
The top made to work with this windshield costs $549. :eek: I really don't want to have to change to that.

I'm surprised Messick's is a few hundred more than I paid.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sorry, I've been away for the forum for a little while. Not sure exactly were you are in OH, but I saw this: https://cleveland.craigslist.org/snw/d/kubota-cab-kit-rtv-1140-v4461/6380882644.html

BRAND NEW OEM Curtis (For Kubota) Metal roof, glass windshield, and door frames for RTV1140. $700! Go get it! (I would really like it but wife thinks the OEM plastic windsheild/roof combo is fine for now.)
Well, dealer's installer let me know it is the wrong windshield. It is make for the RTV x1140 ....(come to find out there is a lot of differences between the older RTV's and the 'x' models.
So they are ordering the correct windshield. It's a few bucks more, no biggie.

Wish I had seen that craigslist add before I sank $470 into that windshield. Since it was special order they'd charge me 20% restocking fee if I wanted to return it. So they had me where they wanted me, and ordered in the new windshield. Between the winch hoopla and the windshield I am not as happy as I was with this dealer. I have two others about the same distance. I will do more shopping around before my next dealings with All Power Eq. in Athens Oh.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Brought my girl home today. I've missed her. She's been at the dealer since Dec 26th.
They ordered in the new windshield and put it on. It looks okay. No prob. Not as easy to put on and take off as the one on the 06 RTV 900 that I just sold. The 900 just had thumb screws to remove. Easy peezy. The 1140 used bolts. I do not believe this is a 'Kubota' windshield but an aftermarket one that my dealer likes to sell instead of Kubota.

I had to call them to ask when the 1140 would be done. He said the windshield was in but they had to work out my total bill. Since sales was involved for the new windshield and they ordered the new windshield for me, the new one was added to my bill. So they had to figure out how they were going to account for all this. When I got there all the did was show a credit on my bill for the windshield. Seems simple and straightforward enough to me.

Part of the 800 hour service was to check the spark arrestor. That was not mentioned on my bill so I asked about that. I gather from what they said they do not check that on the newer RTV's when servicing. So they forgot it on my 09 RTV. Guy came out and checked it. It was gunked up pretty good. He cleaned it up nice and off I go. She's home and I'm happy. Woo Hoo.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
It's so good that you have her back !That must have been torture being without her that long ! Agree on the bill too.. that is so weird...not even algebra hummm.. Just don't let them do any surgery on you having trouble doing that figuring . collie