High Air Intake-bordercollie version

vintovka

Hose looks good to me. All I had was ABS pipe!!! FWIW Your stuff reminds me of what the septic tank pumper uses -- no offense it just does!!! In any case if any of you RTV owners have dust you should consider a high intake as a must. Hey it rhymes!!!

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks ya'll. Wellllllllllllllllll..... Vintokva, when I found it, it did have one of the rubber couplers with the clips like the air canisters has on the RTV but heavier duty on one end.. Was it smelly? I don't remember haha but its good now after 10 years :) bordercollie

vintovka

Looks great, but around here i think the dirt daubers would build in the pipe.

Reminds me of a guy who stored a whole pile of valuable mauser rifle barrels in the rafters of his garage which he always left open. He later found every one plugged up by a dauber!!! Every one had a ring left in the bore!! Those things are awful and love any hole or crevice.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
very easy fix for the mud divers and spiders .when i'm not running my rhino and sometimes when i run in dusty conditions i take a pair of socks and slide them over my snorkels and secure them with a rubber band.it doesn't hurt to leave them on all the time infact they make a really good prefilter. i know of some poeple how have had problems with bugs makin nest and webs in their intakes but after i told them about the sock thing they never had any more problems. just get a pair of black socks that way they match the pipoe and don't stand out so much.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Now that is a good idea Peanut! I may have to find a black pair of hose and have extra in hand sould they ever have time to build in mine. The oem airbox is not immune to those pesky things nor rats neither. My original plan when I bought the 2" black pipe that I didn't use was to add a small section of plastic pipe at the top 90 to turn up and add on one of the spin on type pre cleaners like another member had, but it would have already got caught in a tree limb this week if I had . I bought a plasma cutter years ago and one of those devils built a deep mud nest in the air intake. Thought I cleaned it out- no -little pieces of dirt got all in it and did a lot of damage.bordercollie

Mark.Sibole

If you can only Imagine the money I have saved as well as others but this forum and its members.Why buy it if you can make it or repair it youself.You all have contributed to this forum to save each member a ton of money.

Mark

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
.... I really believe that some members of these tractor forums could show the goverment how to save money also, if they would just give them a chance !!!!!

Mark.Sibole

someplace in my archives here there is one i made using mostly electrical PVC left overs and the original snorkle.
Ill see if I can find it and repost the thread for another option