Milwaukee M18 Fuel pole saw has arrived.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
(Note: we talked about these in the RTV talk about anything thread).

Thanks guys for bringing up the subject of battery operated pole saws. I bought online from CPO Outlet and got a fair price. Home depot sells it for about the same price I found out after ordering.

It arrived late yesterday. I was busy and didn't get to unbox it till this morning. Opened it, charged the battery and gave it a little workout today. Love it. It performed as you guys described. Cut through branches the size of my arm with no issues.

This will be so handy for keeping my trails clear. Thanks for the heads up on this kewl new (to me) tool. I did not trust battery powered tools like this until you all spoke so highly of them and their capabilities.

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
... I did not trust battery powered tools like this until you all spoke so highly of them and their capabilities.
The transition to Li-Ion batteries a few years ago was a huge step up in battery strength, run time, and storage life. My Ryobi Li-Ion batteries I wrote '2014' on when I bought them, are still as good as ones bought later. This technology is finally good enough to use the tools as primary tools, not just for remote use.

Since this is the Lawn & Garden forum, I'll note I've that found gear with 'Homelite' logo that also takes Ryobi 18 volt batteries.