Canopy?

Uncle Levi

Anyone ever build a canopy for their tractor? I have a JD 2020, but it has no roll bar or canopy and I'm wondering if it would be practical to build one. Mike:confused2:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
My B-i-l has a shop built canopy on the old JD4020s. My Kioti DK40 has a factory rollbar with a canopy from http://www.perry-co.com/tractor/canopies/aardvark . It works well and had a layer of insulation/soundproofing on the underside that helps with the heat. I can post a picture of the shop built one after the batteries charge in the camera if you want to see it. bordercollie

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My father found one for his tractor that's a similar size. IIRC, it was actually made for an ATV. Something to consider.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Uncle Levi, I worked late today and then some cows got out .. One of those days.. I will post a picture tomorrow. Basically though , The posts holding the canopy are mounted to the axles with a bracket consisting of a plate on the bottom with bolts running from it to the posts flat base above- similar to how springs on a truck are mounted. Look for the pictures later in the day tomorrow. Bordercollie

rlk

Gold Site Supporter
Here is a home made set-up for a Kubota BX 2200. The top is from an EZ-Go golf cart. You can find them for less than $100.

Bob

Attachments

• PA242019b.JPG
    PA242019b.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 141

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Shop Built Canopy

OK Uncle Levi, I finally made it. Today has been rough. A severe storm last night toppled quite a number of big trees and it has been a mess. Tops broken out of 150 year old trees- but the house is alright. . Anyway, here are the pictures of the way the canopy is made. It is heavy enough to withstand a turnover- all steel. Bordercollie

Attachments

• DSCF3089.JPG
    DSCF3089.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 137
  • DSCF3090.JPG
    DSCF3090.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 137
  • DSCF3091.JPG
    DSCF3091.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 137