Older Kubota G series

Mith

Has anyone got any information, or know of website with information on, the older G series Kubotas.

The only information I have on this one is that it has a 3 cylinder diesel (though I suspect it might be 2). Its probably from the late 80's early 90's.
Anyway, really I just want to know how solid they are, if they have power steering, hydraulic deck lift etc.

I got word on this one that might be coming up soon with a rusted out deck, and might be able to get it for a sensible price. I'd like to get my hands on a diesel engine for the WheelHorse, the other stuff will just determine how much I offer.

Thanks

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Kubota has a list of discontinued products.

The 10 and 12 hp models were 2 cyl. They had 14, 16, and 18 hp models that were 3 cyl. There was a 20 hp that was a gasser.

here's a review of the G1900

I'll look around some more.

Jim

Mith

Thanks Jim.
It lists hydraulic lift as optional extras, so I doubt this one will have it (or power steering). I'd probably buy it for the engine and transmission (which I assume is a hydro), and graft them into the WheelHorse.
I guess I just need to wait and see what happens, these dont come up often, so I'm trying not to miss out :D

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
If it is only the deck that is bad maybe you can find a deck off something else to put on it. should be easier than grafting the engine and tranny into the wheel horse.

Jim

Mith

The WheelHorse has the loader on it, the diesel engine would be nice for the extra power for the hydraulics. And a hydro trans would be nice too.