putting a loader on a reversed F30

baldy347

I have an F30 Farmall, that was botched with poorly done sbc [265ci]engine swap.I replaced the mutilated frame,added a 292 ci. straight 6 and a three speed and used the suspension with power steering from a 1980 Chevy 3/4T.
I want to reverse this tractor and add a loader. My question is : Do I mount the loader between the drive axle and the steering axle or mount it where the drawbar originally sat? If between the axles, do i mount it closer to drive wheel or closer to the steering axle?
many thank in advance,wayne

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sorry baldy, no clue here ..... but I'm hoping you will take pics of your project as it progresses so you can share them here with us.

baldy347

have used this tractor as is for several years ,works fairly well but the contraption I've used as a loader is worn out and not worth fixing [I don't like it either]DSCN0480.jpg

DSCN0479.jpg

DSCN0478.jpg

DSCN0477.jpg so I want to reverse this and add a loader

urednecku

Sounds like an interesting project!! I'm no mechanic by far, nor an engineer, but my first thought would be toward rear to hold more weight, but then again when picking up a load the toward the front might counter-balance better..... :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Good luck, and keep us informed, and with pictures!

baldy347

Wish I had taken pics of the tractor when i got it-all that was savable of original frame [1/2in wall 2x4 rectangular tube] is shown in the second pic. Generally the tractor works well other than to long turning radius .

Art454

Wonder if it would pass smog test?........lol.....j/k
Looks like a fun project.
If only I owned a junk yard I have a lot of ideas.......lol

Art