Peanut's Stick Stoppers

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
no not related to the easter bunny . but my stickstoppers are getting all over the country and a few made it out of the country. sent some to onfoot in the yukon and another member in nova scotia. i think thats how you spell it.

DIXIEDOG

When I saw Peanuts stick stoppers I thought what a great idea. So simple yet effective. I was going to order a set then got to looking and my RTV500 came with them factory. Either Kubota is listening to your guys suggestions or Peanut done snuck up to Indiana and put a set on for me. Peanut, your not related to the Easter Bunny are you?

The only thing is Peanut's are a nice rugged steel piece and the Kubota 500 ones are plastic....at least they are on mine. If I hit anything big my guard will break right off.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
yes there is a really good chance that the stock bota ones will break off. i broke my plastic ones on my rhino with one hit of a stick. the bota ones are also very small and only cover just a little bit of the out boot and no coverage for the inner boot . mine cover the out and inner boots that way nuthing should make it's way to the boot and there is really no way to bend them. i'm in the process of changeing the design again that way it will give a bit more protection when backing up . the changes should be made to the next sets i cut out.i still have 4 sets of them boxed up and ready to go out .i had some free time and took advantage of the nice weather to kinda get ahead of myself that way you get them sooner .i'm still waiting for someone with a rtv500 to make me some templets of the a-arms on it that way i can get to making them for the 500 also. some people just opt out of installing the bottom plate and they just mount the front plate and thats fine if you never run ofer stumps or rocks. the bottom plate if installed will take the hit rather than the a-arm taking the brunt of the impact. if you ever do hit something hard enough to bend mine just ship them back to be and i'll fix them for free just cover shipping . not that i think they would ever break but you know how it goes anything man made can fail . even the best welder in the world can have failures.there are only 4 top welders in the country that i know of and at christmas time i get post cards from the other 3.lmao (that was a joke )lmao. i'm in here to make stuff that last and make it cheap enough for it to be affordable . if i was to charge the going rate for a wellder it would be 75.00 an hour plus materials and gas and electricity and buffing pads and other things i use to make them that would run the price way up between the cutting wheels buffying pads oxygen/acetelyne and the eletricity steel plate and fuel to go get the plate i end up working for 2 or 3 dollars an hour to make these things. i don't complain because to me it's just a hobby and the wife says i can make all the stuff i want just as long as it doesn't cost me anything in the end. when people contact me in other forums i tell them they have to come to this forum to get them i don't deal with anyone else other than members from this forum. i have been told to just make a bunch of sets and put them on ebay but i refuse to do that because then they wouldn't be coming in here and seeing what all this site has to offer so i stay in here and thats all.i do not own an rtv and never had i work with members to get measurements to make what they need.i'm here for you guys and plus this is a familly place we are like familly nobody argues or rags out other guys and gals it's just down right friendly.

DIXIEDOG

If you ever get a template for the RTV 500 units Peanut let me know, I'd still like to have a set when you start making them. :tiphat:

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
naw man i'm just a coonass down here we stop what wer'er doing to help others out. last year when we had the flood warning i was lifting all my valuables up high during the day and working to get some members thier stickstoppers done and shipped at night in the end everyone got their stickstoppers and we never got any water????lol

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
kinda got a few extra orders for stickstoppers an with the rew extra sets i had made they seem be all spoken for so if ou need any please let me know and i'll cut out some more and have them ready for you guys .

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
also this is the most i have ever sod at one time so please add your user name in the note with the payment that way it helps me to keep track of who got theirs and who need to get theres

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Still running the first set of stick stoppers 'ole Tommy manufactured !!!!

They are one of the best investments in life I've ever made. Our RTV wouldn't be complete without them !!!! Keep 'em gators from eating the front end boots up >>>>

Attachments

• Warning Shot.jpg
    Warning Shot.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 370

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
thanks bordercollie that way it looks i will be able to run the plate to the end of the bottom plate and go up atleast5" high on it right? if so that will cover a good bit of the rear for extrax protoection when backing up. this will make them alot more protective when backing up. this will be the new design after ther three i have baoced up already so be looking for anew deisgn in the futures.just remember we wouldn't have these stickstoppers if it wasn't for people sending inpictures of what they need and what would fit. i really thank you guys (and gals) for their help.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I think that would work Peanut. I cut the wheels hard and held a piece up there and it looked good at least. The only problem would be in getting in there easily to clean. Now if we could just use those factory mounting holes on the backside- the one closest to the wheel has factory welding burs in it from where they welded on the wheel stop though. bordercollie

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
cleaning the a-arms out is never the easiest jobi found that if you find a good water hole just run through it a few times then break out the water hose.when ever i go ride it takes me the longest time to wash out the a-arms yes it would probably easier to take the tire off but i never do i just sit there and spray and spray until it's all out then i give it a good wd spraying or armorall then it's good to go . but before i go ride again i give them another shot of armorall just so the mud won't stick to much. of all the things on an atv and utv i think them a-arms will have you saying some good choice words but it's better to just take your time and get all that mud out no mater how long it takes. another bad spot on my rhino it under the engine that mud jus packs up in there and takes just about as long as the a-rmes to get out..i'm gonna be adding another piece to the rear like you mentioned just to add some extra protection .was thinking of some wing nuts that way you could just drop the stickstoppers for easy cleaning but the rtv has a solid bottom to the a-arm the only thing i can see is to make the ace plates a bit easier to take off so tht way you can get into it easier. oh one thing to remember never ues alot of soap on the rtvs or atv it cuts the grease down where it's needed and will eat up bearing really fast and also never ever jit the cv boots with a high pressure power washer that will cut them boots really fast.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks BC.

I've made this thread sticky so no further bumps needed.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good job BC and Brian. I was looking for this thread and I finally just PM'd Peanut. My stick stoppers will be on the way sometime this week. :D

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Good job BC and Brian. I was looking for this thread and I finally just PM'd Peanut. My stick stoppers will be on the way sometime this week. :D

Don't forget to ask Peanut for your "Cajun" surprise !!!
Better than a box of Cracker Jacks >>>>
One in every set of Stick Stoppers :tiphat:

P.S.
Be careful, some of Peanuts prizes has teeth >>>>

Attachments

• Gate Open.jpg
    Gate Open.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 281

tlk

may have missed it in all the post but how do the stick stoppers do when one goes thru mud - do they accumulate the mud against the rubber boots and then tear them like the polaris "mud guards" do?

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
may have missed it in all the post but how do the stick stoppers do when one goes thru mud - do they accumulate the mud against the rubber boots and then tear them like the polaris "mud guards" do?

Don't have a clue what Polaris mud guards do.

But I have NEVER, EVER, had a problem with the stick stoppers.
Ours has never tore anything. They have done nothing but help.
I know for a fact. If it was not for the stick stoppers. I would have
kept mine in the barn replacing boots.

I don't know of anyone in on this forum, or any other forum, that
has put their machine in as mud as we have in these swamps.
I also wash the mud out from my machine when needed.

Think bordercollie, peanut, and maybe some others can verify this.
Gumbo mud in Louisiana is some of the ruffest mud in the world. It
will stick to you in certain stages. That is why we try to keep out tires wet in gumbo. The more they roll, the more builds up. It will build up on your tires (and feet) on machine where they can not even turn. And some cases, it only take less than 10 feet. They have even built up so bad, that it's pushed fenders out of place. BUT, in return. When gumbo dries. It is there. Set up like a rock. So with all this being said. I can honestly say, our gumbo mud
DON'T get behind the stick stoppers and tear boots.

............. two guns

Attachments

• gumbo tire 1.jpg
    gumbo tire 1.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 276
  • gumbo tire 2.jpg
    gumbo tire 2.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 277

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter

What part of the country are you from ?