RTV-X1100C Information

BaiJiu

I'm jealous, I would so love to have the clam on my backhoe. I cleared somewhere around 20 acres for my new house and what misery I had removing all the big rocks and stumps. Initially I thought I could put my plane down here; never going to happen.

Tailrotor

I'm jealous, I would so love to have the clam on my backhoe. I cleared somewhere around 20 acres for my new house and what misery I had removing all the big rocks and stumps. Initially I thought I could put my plane down here; never going to happen.

We'll leave me make you even more jealous lol!!! Look what's on the front of my tractor I can't live without my grapple. With a full hydraulic top and tilt.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 201
Hi everybody I am the poster that put the video on TBN web page and happen to come across this site. Looks like word gets around fast which is a good thing. And I hope we get a fix to this problem ASAP.

That video is of our company RTV X 1100c with 54 hours if not for belonging to the TBN forum I would of never checked our RTV and been none the wiser. My honest opinion I think this is going to take so time to fix. If you look at the back wheels the assembly that the drive shaft goes through is made of aluminum and is bolted top and bottom at this fixed points is were all the play is.

It looks as if the bolts are sized wrong or bushings size wrong for the fitting itself. And allowing the play to move back and forth. I have not tore anything apart yet to see exactly what can be done to fix it our dealer wants to look at it and tear it apart step by step and see what the exact problem is and what can be done. He is waiting as many other dealers on word from kubota.

I hope this is a easy fix and soon I really wanted to buy one of these for my own side business but now will wait to see how this all plays out.

Welcome aboard Tailrotor!

Just checked my X-1100 and Yes, mine has slack in both rear sides with 135 miles & 34 hours....no noise, just slack. It's "Tagged Out" now!
The front end is snug as a bug....

Tailrotor

Welcome aboard Tailrotor!

Just checked my X-1100 and Yes, mine has slack in both rear sides with 135 miles & 34 hours....no noise, just slack. It's "Tagged Out" now!
The front end is snug as a bug....

Thanks Primetime for the welcome.

The play of your rear wheels does it seem to be as bad as the video I made of my works. Although there should not be any play there.

As far as the front goes it had some play on ours but the play was in the A arm area were it is bolted to the frame you had to shake it hard to see it move and hear the clunk. Almost like a wore out bushing in your car frame A arm.

BaiJiu

That's too bad PT, I sure hope Kubota gets this problem sorted out for you guys. After putting so much time and effort upgrading your machine this has to suck big time. Thanks again to the members who identified this problem before someone got hurt or seriously wounded their RTV.

Thanks Primetime for the welcome.

The play of your rear wheels does it seem to be as bad as the video I made of my works. Although there should not be any play there.

As far as the front goes it had some play on ours but the play was in the A arm area were it is bolted to the frame you had to shake it hard to see it move and hear the clunk. Almost like a wore out bushing in your car frame A arm.

The play on the passenger rear is more than the driver's side but not as much as on the video.

That's too bad PT, I sure hope Kubota gets this problem sorted out for you guys. After putting so much time and effort upgrading your machine this has to suck big time. Thanks again to the members who identified this problem before someone got hurt or seriously wounded their RTV.

Thanks BaiJiu, it does suck!

To think that I've ordered another $1,000.00 of aftermarket parts (Ram Computer mount, 5,000 lb. winch, LED door work lighting, shotgun mount, Cobra CB) etc.

Caught between a rock and a hard place for sure!...lol
Just glad i'm not out on the pipeline yet.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
The play on the passenger rear is more than the driver's side but not as much as on the video.

This is just about to burn my butt up !!.... This whole situation.

My RTV, has a decal on the inside cab, driver side that states :

Inspected By ****** ( or something to that effect )

DOES YOURS HAVE THESE DECALS ON THEM ?

What is it, are they are just going to use the psychology effect on people.
That if it has a decal, there is nothing wrong with it. Where is the inspector. What does his little clip-board say on it about this machine #VIN: xxxxxxxxx
Are they thinking that "we won't notice" that the machine we paid big money, won't have any problems. Horseshit !!!
I have not had any problems with my RTV. But I keep thinking, what if it was me. I could be one added on the list also.
Or, look at how many people I have promoted the "RTV" to and they have taken my word and spent their hard earned money.
Be different if it was only one machine. But it's a whole damn run of them. And probobly more that what we will ever find out !!!!

Damn, Damn, Damn .....

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
This is just about to burn my butt up !!.... This whole situation.

My RTV, has a decal on the inside cab, driver side that states :

Inspected By ****** ( or something to that effect )

DOES YOURS HAVE THESE DECALS ON THEM ?

What is it, are they are just going to use the psychology effect on people.
That if it has a decal, there is nothing wrong with it. Where is the inspector. What does his little clip-board say on it about this machine #VIN: xxxxxxxxx
Are they thinking that "we won't notice" that the machine we paid big money, won't have any problems. Horseshit !!!
I have not had any problems with my RTV. But I keep thinking, what if it was me. I could be one added on the list also.
Or, look at how many people I have promoted the "RTV" to and they have taken my word and spent their hard earned money.
Be different if it was only one machine. But it's a whole damn run of them. And probobly more that what we will ever find out !!!!

Damn, Damn, Damn .....

So true! I am concerned about this... It's an honor thing...
I hope you took your blood pressure pills Two Guns... I took mine already..and am glad... I feel bad for our buddies out there....

Was there not a member just a bit back that had trouble with the rear wheels bowing or similar situation, and the dealer replaced the whole rear "bumper" or something therebouts ?? collie

rapracing

I asked my dealer to bring my old machine back (waiting for a answer on what the deal would be) and take this thing. I used it today to haul a load of horse crap up the hill and dump it. It thumps and clunks. There is no way a machine that costs that much money should do what this thing is doing. I don't want to get down the road 3, 4 or 6 months and them tell me that is the way it is.

It seems from what I am reading here and the other forum Kubota is explaining it that it was designed that way. I even read that they say "even the old machines had play". Mine didn't. A few of you with the old style need to jack them up and check I guess. Mine had 400+ hours on it and I never heard it clunk one time.

Last edited:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I asked my dealer to bring my old machine back and take this thing. I used it today to haul a load of horse crap up the hill and dump it. It thumps and clunks. There is no way a machine that costs that much money should do what this thing is doing. I don't want to get down the road 3, 4 or 6 months and them tell me that is the way it is.

It seems from what I am reading here and the other forum Kubota is explaining it that it was designed that way. I even read that they say "even the old machines had play". Mine didn't. A few of you with the old style need to jack them up and check I guess. Mine had 400+ hours on it and I never heard it clunk one time.

No, Rapracing, my old,2005 900 model had no play even with over 4200 hrs on it.... My 2011 900xt had no play last time I greased it and that was about a month ago at over 1400 hrs... I agree with you. You words about "on down the line" brings back memories of the old style rattling drive shaft that we had to like or lump after the warranty .. The early model's had the poor fitting fuel cap it was our problem after the warranty was out as well...... I am not familiar with this suspension on the "new" models but as I said, mine is "old style and is stout.
With yours in warranty, I sure would "get with 'em" for I know who's problem it will be on the 366th day of ownership... collie

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I even read that they say "even the old machines had play". Mine didn't. A few of you with the old style need to jack them up and check I guess. Mine had 400+ hours on it and I never heard it clunk one time.

NO SIR !!!! NO SIR !!!! NO SIR !!!!

The older machines DID NOT CLUNK. Our does not and never did. Nor, did all the other RTV's I've been around. And that has been many my friend !!!!

Please keep us up to date. Good Luck !!!!

......... Two Guns

rapracing

Well.......not sure what to do. I talked with the dealer today and he has my old machine. He will bring it back if that is what I want to do. I sent him videos of both front and rear to show him what is going on with my machine.

He actually jacked up a unit on his show room floor after talking to him and it IS doing the same thing. He feels that Kubota will step up and handle these bad units one way or another. He said whether a bolt on fix or possibly trading out the units he feels something will be done. They are aware of it for sure.

I really like this new machine and hate to give it back if they are going to fix it.

What to do?????? I really hate this!

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Well.......not sure what to do. I talked with the dealer today and he has my old machine. He will bring it back if that is what I want to do.

QUOTE]

This is just ME .... But I would get my old machine back. THAT IS A WIN * WIN
SITUATION MISTER !!!

You will ALWAYS have that doubt in your mind. I would NEVER pass this opportunity up. GET THE OLD MACHINE BACK !!!!!
You are SO LUCKY that that dealer is doing that. :myopinion:
I would do it ASAP, before he changed his mind or somebody else come up with some excuse >>>>>

You can ALWAYS go back and get another RTV if you wish at a later date. But you will NEVER get this chance to back up time. There are zillions of folks who wish they had this choice !!!!!

........... jamie ( two guns )

Last edited: