Kubota RTV 900 soft brake pedal

Hi, I have a 2007 RTV 900, 2 years ago I started getting a soft pedal around 450 hours, it would go to the floor on the first depression, so basically I had to pump it to get hard and stop. Thought it was the master cylinder gone bad. put a new one on and bleed it out, still no change. Is there any type of brake adjustment? or going 600-700 hours might I need to replace the shoes?

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Mountainman, welcome to the forum. I know little about the brakes but can scan the info and get it to you.Let me know if you still need it. (they are wet disc)
I know you mentioned you had already bled the brakes but thought I would post this info out of the manual:
1. Jack up front side of the machine and remove front wheels.
2. Connect clear plastic hose to the bleeder, and run other end to container.
3. Pump the brake pedal until it becomes hard and apply the brake pedal and hold it.
4. Quickly open and close the bleeder while still holding the brake pedal down.
5. Release the brake pedal.
6. Check the brake fluid level and fill the reservoir with new brake fluid.
7.Repeat the previous step for each wheel .
8' Repeat this operation till no more air can be seen coming out of the clear plastic hose.
9.When bleeding is finished,add fluid up to the upper level in the reservoir.
10. Apply the brake forcefully for a few seconds and check for leakage around fittings.
Brakes use DOT3 in reservoir.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input. Basically I did this , I'll try again. who know's?? If you can find any additional ingo great much appreciated. scan/ email to 18445 mountain man at gmail dot com

Last edited by a moderator:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
It's suppose to rain this afternoon and I will try to scan them then. You may want to remove your email from the post because every now and then a scammer:2gunsfiring_v1: tours our family here. You can contact the moderator to do that. Anyway, I will get it to you. :) bordercollie