deceleration on 1100

dhatch

what is the solution for deceleration on rtv 1100 instant braking when throttle is released
throttle is also hard
also seems like it is not getting maximum power
suggestions and solutions appreciated
thanks

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Dhatch, I have a 900, but on the power loss, have you ever cleaned your spark arrestor in the muffler- depending on the year model?
They clog up quickly and can really affect power. also check air cleaner. bordercollie

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum dhatch ! :a1:

Just what bordercollie spoke of. The spark arrestor can and will choke down the engine power, and quickly . Mine started somewhere in the 9-13 hour of ownership. ( Purchased New ). So that should give you a idea.

Now, many remove. Some just clean. There are members on here that will
tell you how to remove permanently. (You don't need to remove permanently if your running on government property.)

Also, check the quality of your fuel filter. That also will pull power down.
What about your transmission service. Has it been done ? Just a happy note. Use the
Kubota Filters on the transmission. Anything else will slow the fluid flow and you will loose power. Also, Use Kubota Super UDT, or Super UDT 2 fluids. This is designed for your transmission and no other will perform like this. I am not a salesman for Kubota. But have witnessed others who went with other filters and fluids, and ended up changing back for losss of power.
How many hours do you have on your RTV ?

Fell free to jump in on any discussion. Send us pictures of your RTV ? We like them !!!

............. two guns

Attachments

• Hyenna_3.gif
    Hyenna_3.gif
    3.9 KB · Views: 79
  • Clogged Arrestor.jpg
    Clogged Arrestor.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
For the rapid deceleration, (aka "Abrupt Stop" if you search the forums), most of us prefer it as opposed to coasting. After a few hours of operation, you'll get a better feel for it and get the feel for letting off the pedal slowly.

Depending on which model and year you have, you can adjust or replace the valve that controls it. Search for "coast valve".

What the current setup does is apply significant engine braking. For us on hilly terrain, that braking is pretty much needed. It holds the RTV back going down hills.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
most of us prefer it as opposed to coasting. QUOTE]

I love my engine brake.

I found my "sweet spot " on the pedal.

Just before completly getting off the pedal, mine will "coast " .....

........... bczoom is correct on this !!!! :a1:

...... two guns

Attachments

• Smiley on goldwing.jpg
    Smiley on goldwing.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 76

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome aboard Bud...........I parrot what the other folks are saying about what it does and really.......Do just put some time in, get used to it, and use it as a tool instead of a problem. Again, I am on some pretty hilly terrain and I truly appreciate the ability to slow down or hold myself in place on those slopes when seeding, fertilizing, or just crusin along...........

Do clean out what 2 Guns/Jamie has suggested. Those filters and fluids REALLY do cause power loss and when a couple of them combine for loss of power it can be a pain. You do know, when going up a hill to just back off on the throttle a bit and you can HEAR the what is called, aux pump, kick in..........lol......I have on old 900 so I dont really know if the new ones have this or not.......God bless......Dennis

dhatch

Thanks for all the info from everyone. appreciated. How do you get spark arrestor out and how do you clean it. I have the rtv 1100 with cab and air. Thanks

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
look about half way through this thread to see where the arrestor is on the 900. On my 2011 900xt, the two bolts on the tailpipe are removed and the arrestor just pulls out and can be "fixed or cleaned. There are several good threads on here about those things. If I remember right you will need an allen wrench.. :) Have a good evening, bordercollie
http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14605&highlight=spark+arrestor