Tested the 1100 in mud

tlk

thanks to this forum I sprayed my undercarriage with silicone/armour all and most all the mud fell off - worked great

wheezer

Goofy Member
Site Supporter
Hey tlk, I recently bought a used 2007 RTV 900 and learned a lot about cleaning mud out. Apparently whoever used this one in the mud wasn't nearly as concerned as you about cleaning it up. I first used my garden hose on it and thought that I had sprayed every square inch on the underside. However, just to be certain, I first took off the side panels, the seat, and center panel. There was still plenty more mud there. So, I began to get the idea that mud hides in every possible area and the water hose only gets what it hits from the angle you are spraying. After cleaning the entire underseat area thoroughly, I put all that back together. Looking underneath again, I saw that the lowest protrusion under there is the protector plate on the front wheel drive gear case. So, with a little trouble, I took out the four bolts holding it and, lo and behold, there was more mud caked in it. I went ahead then and took off the transmission protector plates and hose guard and, yes, more mud there. I believe I have now taken off every plate giving refuge to dried, caked mud. The mud had been there long enough that it was beginning to cause rust, so, I hope I rectified the situation soon enough to minimize that.

Anyhow, I learned a big lesson about getting ALL the mud off as soon as possible. Glad to see you have concern necessary to prevent this issue on yours.