bczoom - New fork yet?

G

Have you gotten the new RTV fork yet?

I still have yet to drive one with the new fork on it. Yellow freight is taking their grand old time dropping off our new units. I dont' know how it can take them over a week to get from Columbus OH to PA.

G

Have you gotten the new RTV fork yet?

I still have yet to drive one with the new fork on it. Yellow freight is taking their grand old time dropping off our new units. I dont' know how it can take them over a week to get from Columbus OH to PA.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
No fork yet. On backorder. Supposed to be here next week.
They're now selling as a kit as well. P/N K7561-97421. Only difference is the "kit" will include instructions.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
No fork yet. On backorder. Supposed to be here next week.
They're now selling as a kit as well. P/N K7561-97421. Only difference is the "kit" will include instructions.

G

<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 9.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">I think we found a possible problem. The last few RTV's that we got with this new change seem to shift much harder than the old ones. Our shop thinks that there is a bit of creep that’s keeping pressure on the transmission. Our mechanic is trying to work out how to adjust it to maintain the slower stopping without holding the pedal in such a place that its never really in neutral.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p>
Neil
</o:p></span></p>

G

<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 9.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">I think we found a possible problem. The last few RTV's that we got with this new change seem to shift much harder than the old ones. Our shop thinks that there is a bit of creep that’s keeping pressure on the transmission. Our mechanic is trying to work out how to adjust it to maintain the slower stopping without holding the pedal in such a place that its never really in neutral.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p>
Neil
</o:p></span></p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Got the new fork and installed last night.

My father-in-law picked it up for me. He came back with PN K7561-97420 which had a price of $26.50 inc. tax. I called the dealer the next day and they checked with Kubota. PN K7561-42334 (which is what I ordered for $14.25) is no longer available?!?!? They said there was some defect in the part and they're not selling it anymore. Well, as of now, I don't believe them and think they pulled a switch to get another $10 by including a piece of paper that has the 2 step instructions (take off old one, install new one). I'm hoping the issues I'm having with Kubota are limited to the RTV but I'm not real happy with Kubota right now. I'm not going to even look at them for a new tractor. I'm going with either blue or green.

OK, enough venting. On to the new part.
Pretty easy to install. A pair of snap-ring pliers would speed up the process but I got by with needle-nose pliers. Other tools needed are a 12mm + 13mm wrench and pliers. Had the old off and new on in about 1/2 hour.

It was raining so I only did a short ride.
In low-range. Very nice stopping. It stopped relatively quickly but took the abruptness out.
Medium and high range: It took awhile for it to stop when at full speed in each range. If you don't plan ahead, you may need some brakes.

Although my ride was short, I haven't encountered the shifting issue you've mentioned. I'll keep an eye on this. There does seem to be some linkages that are adjustable that attach (directly or indirectly) to this part. I may need to do some adjusting. Take a look at the attached pic.
The new part is on the left side. Vertical bar with sleeve for grease zerk and plate on the right.
I noticed the notch on the plate is not centered directlly on the stop. (see gap on top where they meet). The old one sat centered.

I'll ride with it for awhile. Not sure if I'll keep on or revert to the original but will post my findings as I have more time to try it out.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Got the new fork and installed last night.

My father-in-law picked it up for me. He came back with PN K7561-97420 which had a price of $26.50 inc. tax. I called the dealer the next day and they checked with Kubota. PN K7561-42334 (which is what I ordered for $14.25) is no longer available?!?!? They said there was some defect in the part and they're not selling it anymore. Well, as of now, I don't believe them and think they pulled a switch to get another $10 by including a piece of paper that has the 2 step instructions (take off old one, install new one). I'm hoping the issues I'm having with Kubota are limited to the RTV but I'm not real happy with Kubota right now. I'm not going to even look at them for a new tractor. I'm going with either blue or green.

OK, enough venting. On to the new part.
Pretty easy to install. A pair of snap-ring pliers would speed up the process but I got by with needle-nose pliers. Other tools needed are a 12mm + 13mm wrench and pliers. Had the old off and new on in about 1/2 hour.

It was raining so I only did a short ride.
In low-range. Very nice stopping. It stopped relatively quickly but took the abruptness out.
Medium and high range: It took awhile for it to stop when at full speed in each range. If you don't plan ahead, you may need some brakes.

Although my ride was short, I haven't encountered the shifting issue you've mentioned. I'll keep an eye on this. There does seem to be some linkages that are adjustable that attach (directly or indirectly) to this part. I may need to do some adjusting. Take a look at the attached pic.
The new part is on the left side. Vertical bar with sleeve for grease zerk and plate on the right.
I noticed the notch on the plate is not centered directlly on the stop. (see gap on top where they meet). The old one sat centered.

I'll ride with it for awhile. Not sure if I'll keep on or revert to the original but will post my findings as I have more time to try it out.

G

I think the change in price for the Kit was an engineering mistake. Our Kubota setup guy had to order some of those parts and found that the cost of that kit was less than the cost of the individual part.Gotta give them one thing, this is the first issue they hadhad address with this thing, thats darn good considering its a new andrather different design.

Let me know when you get it out and run it around. The feeling here was that we kinda liked the old way. Granted, we are all used to itand can drive smoothly. I can see howsomeone driving for the first time would likethe change. I almost hit the building when i came flying up to it the first time,I'm gladbrakes worked [:D].

G

I think the change in price for the Kit was an engineering mistake. Our Kubota setup guy had to order some of those parts and found that the cost of that kit was less than the cost of the individual part.Gotta give them one thing, this is the first issue they hadhad address with this thing, thats darn good considering its a new andrather different design.

Let me know when you get it out and run it around. The feeling here was that we kinda liked the old way. Granted, we are all used to itand can drive smoothly. I can see howsomeone driving for the first time would likethe change. I almost hit the building when i came flying up to it the first time,I'm gladbrakes worked [:D].

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="MessickFarmEqu"]I think the change in price for the Kit was an engineering mistake. Our Kubota setup guy had to order some of those parts and found that the cost of that kit was less than the cost of the individual part.Gotta give them one thing, this is the first issue they hadhad address with this thing, thats darn good considering its a new andrather different design.[/quote]

Neil,

Not sure I understand what you mean (engineering mistake?). Are you also saying that at $14.25, Kubota was loosing money and had to adjust the price?

Brian

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="MessickFarmEqu"]I think the change in price for the Kit was an engineering mistake. Our Kubota setup guy had to order some of those parts and found that the cost of that kit was less than the cost of the individual part.Gotta give them one thing, this is the first issue they hadhad address with this thing, thats darn good considering its a new andrather different design.[/quote]

Neil,

Not sure I understand what you mean (engineering mistake?). Are you also saying that at $14.25, Kubota was loosing money and had to adjust the price?

Brian

G

<font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #efefef">Yea, thats my take. The PN# informationappeared online days after kubota came up with this idea.There has actually been more information online about this than Ihave really seen comming from Kubota, I have to question some of what was posted.We (I) jumped the gun on this with prerelease information,you can't fault them for that.
</font></p>

G

<font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #efefef">Yea, thats my take. The PN# informationappeared online days after kubota came up with this idea.There has actually been more information online about this than Ihave really seen comming from Kubota, I have to question some of what was posted.We (I) jumped the gun on this with prerelease information,you can't fault them for that.
</font></p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Neil,

I just find it annoying that they've changed the part number 4 times and added about 70% to the price. (and the price increase was applied to all standing orders)

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Neil,

I just find it annoying that they've changed the part number 4 times and added about 70% to the price. (and the price increase was applied to all standing orders)

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
<p class="MsoNormal">OK.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>I've tried this new part for a while.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Here's what I've found.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p></p> <p class="MsoNormal">When you're at lower RPM's in each range:
<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span>- Sometimes it acts pretty close to the original part.
<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span>- Other times it just seems to coast along and unless you apply the brake, you just don't know where you're going to stop.<o:p></o:p></p> <p class="MsoNormal">When you're at higher RPM's in each range:
<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span>- When you let off the pedal, it takes several seconds for the pedal to return but then it reverts to that abruptness we currently encounter.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Bad part here is since you don't know where/when that abruptness will occur, it's annoying and not as controllable.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>With the original part, you knew where in the pedal you needed to feather to stop the abruptness.</p> <p class="MsoNormal">I've also found that I've lost a couple MPH at full RPM.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Most noticeable in H range.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>I've lost about 3 MPH.<o:p></o:p></p> <p class="MsoNormal">It is a bit harder shifting.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>You definitely have to wait 5-10 extra seconds before attempting to shift if there's any pressure on the tranny.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Even using the emergency brake, it's harder to shift with this part.<o:p></o:p></p> <p class="MsoNormal">All that said and noting the installation guide provided (take off old, put on new), so far, I don't see a benefit to this part.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>I'm not saying it doesn't work but I'm thinking to get it to work better, there "may" be a need for adjusting linkages, springs or otherwise.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Hopefully Kubota can/will provide this info in the future if adjustments can tweak this.<o:p></o:p></p> <p class="MsoNormal">Bottom line... I'm going to go back to the original part.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>If anyone else wants to give this part a try, send me a PM.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>I will soon have one sitting on the shelf.<o:p></o:p></p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
<p class="MsoNormal">OK.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>I've tried this new part for a while.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Here's what I've found.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p></p> <p class="MsoNormal">When you're at lower RPM's in each range:
<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span>- Sometimes it acts pretty close to the original part.
<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span>- Other times it just seems to coast along and unless you apply the brake, you just don't know where you're going to stop.<o:p></o:p></p> <p class="MsoNormal">When you're at higher RPM's in each range:
<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span>- When you let off the pedal, it takes several seconds for the pedal to return but then it reverts to that abruptness we currently encounter.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Bad part here is since you don't know where/when that abruptness will occur, it's annoying and not as controllable.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>With the original part, you knew where in the pedal you needed to feather to stop the abruptness.</p> <p class="MsoNormal">I've also found that I've lost a couple MPH at full RPM.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Most noticeable in H range.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>I've lost about 3 MPH.<o:p></o:p></p> <p class="MsoNormal">It is a bit harder shifting.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>You definitely have to wait 5-10 extra seconds before attempting to shift if there's any pressure on the tranny.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Even using the emergency brake, it's harder to shift with this part.<o:p></o:p></p> <p class="MsoNormal">All that said and noting the installation guide provided (take off old, put on new), so far, I don't see a benefit to this part.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>I'm not saying it doesn't work but I'm thinking to get it to work better, there "may" be a need for adjusting linkages, springs or otherwise.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Hopefully Kubota can/will provide this info in the future if adjustments can tweak this.<o:p></o:p></p> <p class="MsoNormal">Bottom line... I'm going to go back to the original part.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>If anyone else wants to give this part a try, send me a PM.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>I will soon have one sitting on the shelf.<o:p></o:p></p>

G

Thanks my feeling too. I think the change is good for those who are doing a demo and are not used to how it drives. There is a learning curve for the old stylepedal, but once you are usedto it I think itsa great advantage.Maybe those who never knew the old style won't mindthe new way. Whoknows.

G

Thanks my feeling too. I think the change is good for those who are doing a demo and are not used to how it drives. There is a learning curve for the old stylepedal, but once you are usedto it I think itsa great advantage.Maybe those who never knew the old style won't mindthe new way. Whoknows.