X1100 difficulty shifting transmission

blk65brd

Attached is the cable adjustment procedure from the shop manual, someone more talented that me could help turn the picture over. The Kubota service techs did make the adjustment on my machine and there was improvement in the shifting.

Attachments

• Cable adjustment.jpg
    Cable adjustment.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 323

RealtreeRTV

Shifting problems are a definite down side to the RTV's.

My 900 is a 2008, with the pressure release cable on the dash.

The cable works great but you need 6 hands to plow with this set-up. It's especially frustrating when your ass is in traffic.

Kubota gave almost no thought as to the placement of the cable pull knob.(should have been at least on the left side of the steering wheel so you can pull cable and shift at the same time)
While I'm getting by by pushing the brake and holding it for a few seconds and using the release cable, the system is far from great.
Like others have mentioned I wish it was more like a true hydrostat like my Kubota tractor and even my 1971 John Deere lawn tractor.

Hope everyone has a great turkey day!

VA1100

This is the post for the cable housing coming loose and causing shifting problems. Look down a few post from the beginning to Tailrotor's post. This helped my machine. Thanks to Tailrotor for bringing this up. That's what makes this a great forum.

Pete

doublejack

Kubota has issued a technical service bulletin addressing a modified adjustment of this dump valve. I've made the adjustment and I have to say that, now, when you step on the brake, you can tell that it relieves the pressure. I've got a copy of it and as soon as I figure out how to get it on to this site, I will post it. I hope I'm not violating anybody's rules in doing so. If someone thinks that is not appropriate, please let me know.

I was stuck at the mailbox again today. Level ground no reason it shouldn't shift. I pulled up to the first mail box got the mail, pulled forward a foot and got the mail out of Dad's box. Then I couldn't reverse. Drove forward, slammed on the brake, nope, drove forward, tried again. Finally, sitting in the road I shut the machine off and put it in neutral and restarted.

Bobcat! Call me tomorrow.

poke

Kubota has issued a technical service bulletin addressing a modified adjustment of this dump valve. I've made the adjustment and I have to say that, now, when you step on the brake, you can tell that it relieves the pressure. I've got a copy of it and as soon as I figure out how to get it on to this site, I will post it. I hope I'm not violating anybody's rules in doing so. If someone thinks that is not appropriate, please let me know.

I am happy to hear that K. is not turning a deaf ear to what is a serious concern. I am looking forward to seeing the bulletin. Thank you for posting, hopefully soon.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
If you can't get it posted, I'll send you my email. Send it to me and I'll post it.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I hope I'm not violating anybody's rules in doing so. If someone thinks that is not appropriate, please let me know.

Thanks for caring BUD.............few even recognize that it might be a problem, let alone care............The only thing you are doing is violating Kubota's copyright, and they already make enough off of us as it is..........God bless.......Dennis

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I don't believe Kubota cares about a page here or there.

Now, if someone posted the entire WSM for download, that's an issue.

razerface

Mine works good, but I'm still interested! I am almost ashamed of how good mine shifts,,,maybe I'll adjust it badly so I can see what you guys talk about?

doublejack

Here we go. Scanned the pages of the TSB regarding "Hard Shifting" issue with the X1100 series. It is in PDF form and I hope it is readable. I did the "adjustment of the unload cable" and I have to say that while not perfect, it is a big improvement on my machine. Before the adjustment, my brake pedal would not activate the "unload valve". Now it does. I didn't try the "adjustment of neutral position" which is the second procedure in the TSB.

Attachments

• KTSB1.PDF
    363.8 KB · Views: 201

sunnyside

Thanks a bunch, doublejack. Shifting on my RTV-X1100C seems to be getting better with use but still a bear at times. Hopefully this TSB completely fixes it.

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
I have a X900 and found that the download valve was not being actuated by the brake cable as it is supposed to. No matter how hard you pushed on the brake the cam on the actuator didn't move. I found the cable loose at the firewall as is mention earlier in this thread. Repaired that but there was still very little "action" at the cam. I adjusted the cable and now the cam fully functions pushing in the plunger. A world of difference!

fishinbill85

Hey all, New to the forum, seemed like a good place to exchange info so I decided to stay:tiphat: Just recently acquired a new Kubota RTV-X and it's awesome....even with a few quirks. Just went to the dealer on Friday and asked them about adjustment of the VHT pressure release... they looked at me like I had a third eye on my forehead, so they ended up calling the tech assistance line at Kubota and even THEY "didn't know anything" then! The svc mgr said they had to look into it and call me back... FIVE minutes later he calls and said there is a TSB (the one posted above) and says to bring it in for inspection and adjustment, all covered under warranty.......Monday. Yea, so, me being me, I remembered this forum and was lurking trying to find answers about the shifting issue and came across this thread. Now how about that? I did it yesterday and the shifting is 95% better and more consistent. There is still a bit of fuss about it sometimes but I'm chocking that up to the machine having 30 hours on it (only 10 are mine!)

Looking forward to getting and giving some good info here, if I can.

pop58

Adjusted my cable at both ends and what a difference. The lever wasn't even moving when I pushed on the break the adjustment was out so much.

I also think the cable attachment is a piss poor design. JMO