Here's a "Talk About Anything" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I'm with you Alaskan. That's a grand idea. :)
Our Ups is great and mailman is awesome but the fedex is a different driver most of the time and some are "rude" because they don't like to come way out here
The city folks are moving closer each day and buying up land around us- that makes me :( .

ovrszd

10 years ago a 40 acre tract next to my farm sold before we even knew it was for sale. A retired Iowa farmer bought it and built a homestead. Best neighbor I've ever had. Lost him a year ago to cancer. His widow will eventually sell. Upgraded property is beyond my budget. My fear is a city person will buy it..... :(

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
You should tell your ups driver to slow down and let him know your dogs are friendly and loved so be considerate!

Thank you for your guidance..........Of course we talk and use common sense. It's kind of like city folks that move to a beautiful place and life style. Some sit back and become one with grace and others have to stick their thumb in the pie..

As with some, my UPS drivers change like the weather. Like Judy says about having to come out of their way a bit makes them sour. Fooling with an electric gate, a half mile drive with the last few hundred yards down a gravel hill, then 2 herd dogs that try to herd the driver and the truck, and the final straw is a 35" at the shoulder Anatolian Shepherd waiting for them at the porch is perhaps to much to stay in a decent mood about.

One regular driver understands the dogs enough to have bought one of the 11 Anatolian pups we just had. It's just human nature I think. The city folks that move out this way try to impose their way where they go into rather than sitting back and becoming a part of where they want to become a member...They found the place attractive and moved into and then set out to change it into what they want. Destroying often what was so attractive.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
D Day , late rememberance

I feel really bad that I didn't post yesterday in remembrance of those brave soldiers who fought for us and for those who died on that beach. Many fathers and sons died that day. I remember you !

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Starting to get some good pictures from my food plots

Attachments

• IMG_1221.jpg
    IMG_1221.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_1220.jpg
    IMG_1220.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_1219.jpg
    IMG_1219.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 129

ovrszd

Deer here have such a huge variety of food sources that it's hard to get much at a food plot. Now the hunters are trying to specialize the food plot type to increase antler growth.

I have 23 acres of CRP Pollinator that has a solid cover of Alfalfa. Deer have fed on it and bedded in it all Summer. Deer love Alfalfa!!!! Would be hard to coax one to a nearby food plot. :)

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
My neighbor has 300 acres of alfalfa for his dairy and I have 80 acres of beans next to that food plot, but that 2 1/2 acre plot in the woods seems to always have deer using it. It's only clover but I think they like the cover the woods give them. I rarely see deer in the open fields around here in the middle of the day, and if I do it's usually does. Most of my pics in that one are daytime pics. I enjoy doing the food plots now more than shooting them. My boys love to hunt them. They process the deer they get themselves and enjoy the summer sausage, so win win. I have 3 clover plots,1 corn plot, 4 that will get planted in fall forage in the next week or so.

ovrszd

I don't hunt anymore either. Sons do. The deer on my farm are accustomed to seeing me on the farm. I've had them bedded down watching me cut firewood. For the Bucks at least, that all changes during Rutt. :)

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
Not rtv but Kubota

Alaska: where road construction conditions are an adventure! Here crews work on excavating for the replacement of the Capt. William Henry Moore bridge outside Skagway. [Credit: Miguel Paz, Alaska DOT&PF]

Attachments

• IMG_2168.jpg
    IMG_2168.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_2169.jpg
    IMG_2169.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_2170.jpg
    IMG_2170.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_2171.jpg
    IMG_2171.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 91

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hey Everyone, I just heard from our old buddy Mark S.Sibole today ! He is feeling better after a serious bout with health issues and on top of that big time computer problems. He said to tell all of ya'll "HI" . Here's wishing him the best . Come back asap Mark ! :tiphat: :) :) bordercollie

Mark.Sibole

:bonk:Hello my friends.Yes it has been a while since Ive lurked let alone posted here.As many of you know I have Multiple sclerosis and I had a major attack back in janruary.The attack reeked havoc on me and almost lost the use of my legs again..Im slowly recovering from the attack and have most of my leg use back now.Im still dealing with a lot of light headed ness but im managing.I also had my main PC go nuclear due to Maleware bytes killing my PC instead of removing spy ware.It wiped out most of my operating system and took a full format to get it working but i lost years of files.:bonk: Ill slowly be back on line as I catch up from a week from hell.Yester day was my birthday and with that came a lot of presants.Wifes truck lost a secondary air pump,My truck blew a brake line and when it got fixed my friend noticed the rear shackle was rusted and gone.Got to love them chevy pieces of shit!!! I also took a lightening strike 2 days ago and lost my Central air and window air so its been hotter than hell in the house and my MS is flaring a bit from it.The 2 worse things for people with MS are Heat and stress and I had both this week.I want to say thatks to Doc and Bordercollie for sending me a message checking up on my old ass.You dont know how nice I felt that people care so much about me.Hopefully things will get back to normal here soon and I can be more helpful and active like I was in the past.Oh BTW since I knew I was going to have a ruff summer I got back into the RC Car game.Ill have to post some vids and pics of my 2 new RC car tracks Myself and with a ton of help from my boys installed.Were having a riot out in the yard with them.The 2 trucks are 1/8 scale and are about 20 inches long and 8 inches wide.Out of the box they will do 45 mph so yes fun fun fun.OK sorry for being so long winded on my 2nd post back.First was praising someone for the deer pics they posted...God Bless and keep safe and most of all stay LIBERAL FREE...Your old friend Mark Sibole............Shoot PS dont forget mondays solar eclipse.We in Michigan will see 80 percent of the sun covered while some very fortunate people will see 100 percent coverage resulting in complete total darkness.If you need tips for safely viewing the eclipse or are unsure if your solar glasses are not fake feel free to IM me or even call me.My nimber is 231 384 2554.I want everyone to have fun viewing the eclipse but most of all keep safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark.Sibole

If all goes well Ill post pics from the eclipse and most here know im an astrophotographer and do a ton of astronomy outreach for the public in my area...

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Happy Birthday Mark. :tiphat:

Sorry to hear about your issues but so glad to hear you are overcoming it all. Way to go.

As for the eclipse, I was wondering, can we make our own glasses to view it safely? I vaguely remember making a pin hole in notebook paper and watching an eclipse through that pin hole. If that is not safe please advise on what would be a safe way to view this event. Thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.