Possibly mice in Duct on x1100c

rapracing

I noticed today when I turned the fan on in my 1100c that I had a smell. I'm thinking possibly mice got in the duct work. Has anyone had that issue? How are to get into it to clean it? Any advice or input would be appreciated.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
yes i had a mouse chew up my cabin air filter and when i turned on the fan it sucked the fan full of fuzz. also got some stuff jammed into the control flaps and couldn't get the defrost or vents to work properly. ended up bending one of the control cables and had to replace parts so be careful how much force you put on the knob. this was on a 2014 X1100C. i have never had any problems with the 1100

Lee1935

For vehicles setting for periods of time=
Mice don't like the smell of bounce sheets, I will put 3-4 in a old sock and then put a sock where I don't want mice, under hood, dashes under seats where ever.

In my area wood rats like rad hoes :-(

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Guess I'm a bit thick as well. Mine is also the "X1100C". Also a 2014 model

ok. on mine the mouse chewed through threw the cabin air filter and when i turned on the fan it sucked the fan full of fuzz. i was able to fab a small hook from wire and fish almost all of the fuzz from the fan and then used compressed air to dislodge the rest. i think some of the fuzz along with some condensation froze in my duct and stuck one of the flaps inside that move when you adjust the vents from defrost etc. when i turned the knob to select defrost i bent a control cable and had to disassemble the dash to repair. i think if it hadn't been below freezing or i had let the heater warm it wouldn't have happened.

rapracing

I finally took the time today to check into this further. I think I found the cab air filter. On passenger side with a cover that snaps off? I pulled it out and it was full of nest materials. It had a small hole in it. I got most of the material out and will take a vacuum out and be sure. I have a couple questions.

1. It appears that filter is two parts that slide together? The numbers on one half are 40010A and the other 40020B. Is that the part numbers I'm looking for? There is also a PP T40 number on them.

2. Is there an additional filter besides that one for the cabin?

3. Is that air pulled through the filter assembly under the hood? It appears so.

4. And last, where is the best place to get these filters. My closest dealer is over 100 miles.

Thanks!

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
mine only has one filter and it is a corrugated whit paper element. the mice did exactly the same to mine but when i turned on the fan it pulled all of that fuzz into the fan. have you priced a new filter??????________better be sitting down. on mine the only filter under the hood is the engine air cleaner.

rapracing

mine only has one filter and it is a corrugated whit paper element. the mice did exactly the same to mine but when i turned on the fan it pulled all of that fuzz into the fan. have you priced a new filter??????________better be sitting down. on mine the only filter under the hood is the engine air cleaner.

If it's the right one I found it on ebay for $27.99 shipped. I can't find a part number that matches but it looks like the right one. The one that came out is two pieces side by side that slide together.

rapracing

Well I called and the Kubota dealer wants a little better than $60 for this filter. That's nuts. I'd guess if I could bet a good manufacturers part number it would be a lot cheaper at an automotive store.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Well I called and the Kubota dealer wants a little better than $60 for this filter. That's nuts. I'd guess if I could bet a good manufacturers part number it would be a lot cheaper at an automotive store.

Yes me too. have you been able to find an aftermarket one?