Decision Time: Kubota RTV. Need advice

TNcowboy

Sweet!

A couple things I see.

Although the seat covers look great, they do clash with the towel. I'd think one or the other has to go.

How did you mount the steps? It looks like you have a 2" receiver underneath. Is that bolted or welded to the RTV? I've thought about doing something similar but would want it mounted with a single bolt so when (not "if" for me) I clipped the step, it would swivel out of the way.

With the interior I was going for that Beach Boys meets Duck Dynasty look.

Re the steps... er I mean wings, you are right I fabricated some bolt in 2" receiver tubes so I can remove them when not in flight...

You could make them swivel with a little modification but they really only stick out about 2.5" past the widest part of the fuselage,...

Michael

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
THE TOWEL HAS GOT TO GO.

Next thing they will have you doing in wearing "thongs" will riding in the RTV ...

The towel is just to sweet mister >>>>

But other than that, things look super my friend !!!!
........ two guns

Attachments

• RTV Thongs.jpg
    RTV Thongs.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 105

TNcowboy

THE TOWEL HAS GOT TO GO.

Next thing they will have you doing in wearing "thongs" will riding in the RTV ...

The towel is just to sweet mister >>>>

But other than that, things look super my friend !!!!
........ two guns

Where did you get a picture of my dog :huh:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
That is a great set up you have there Tenncowboy. :tiphat: . The step will be real handy and the seat cover will sure save that seat a lot of wear and such. An animal clawed on my vinyl the first few weeks I had it. :pat: collie

OrangeBuggy

Windows shmindows.........THAT is NOT what gets the work done Bud.........It's your money; but golly ol Border Collie crashes around her place chasin cattle day in and day out without even a windshield. Yes, I gotta admit, I do like my roof and glass windshield and back window........BUT.........What are you gonna use the thing for.....WORK or driving back from the beauty parlor????????...........Some on here are strictly the latter and it's their game to play and their money to spend..........So.......THANKS Jamie for offering up your friend's rig.......Hoping someone with sense gets it.......God bless.....Dennis

Sweet..., I'm beginning to really love this forum, I mean you get great advice WITH ATTITUDE. I was unaware that the 900 is for work and the 1100 is for trips to the beauty parlor... See, there's so much to learn from you all.
Michael

Work or the Beauty Parlor. That's good......

OrangeBuggy

Well,
we made our way to Arkansas to pick up the new 'bota. I am going to try to post some pictures. I fabricated some steps to make it easier for my wife to access. I had a stainless stair tread left over from a project so I cut it in half and welded some 2" square tubing to it to fit into a 2" receiver tube at each side. I bolted them to a channel on the frame. I can post pictures if anyone is interested. Seat covers come in today!
Thanks for all the help ,
Michael

Nice, very nice. Hope you enjoy it.

OrangeBuggy

Okay, thought I'd post some picture of the seat covers and the steps I fabricated. So far they are working out great; the one for the Kawasaki fit perfect. Thanks to all for the advice.

I have noticed that the passenger door leaks a little in the rain at the top, also the back window on the same side; not a lot but still.....Anyone else had that issue? I will be dragging her to the dealer for them to look at.

Michael

Covers look good and I do like your steps. Darn good idea for those of us that don't get along as good as we use to.