Just want to say hi.

SVG

I found this site while doing research for a quad/UTV purchase. I originally started looking at Polaris Rangers. Then I started looking at Sportsman’s then discovered the RTV’s. I have a neighbor who has one, and is very happy with it, but I never paid much attention to it. As I found out, and as you already know, there is no comparison in
strength and durability between the ‘Belt Driven’ and the Kubota.

So as of a few weeks ago I am now the proud owner of an 06’ Camo RTV 900. It came with a steel top, glass windshield, windshield wiper, winch, heater, hydraulic dump, overhead console with CD player, front work lights, steel framed vinyl doors, bed liner, & glove box.

The fuel gauge doesn’t work and the rule cap leaks. I have purchased a new cap (which didn’t say “Diesel” on it) and it leaked as well. I read some of the threads here and doubled up on the gaskets and it seems to work better. Need to get a filter wrench to snug it up a bit more. I have ordered a manual and will troubleshoot the gauge.

Some things that I have planned for it are:
Change all fluids
Either replace the vinyl door skins, which are toast, or purchase steel doors.
Purchase rear cab glass
Repair/Replace the fuel gauge
Purchase a V snow plow
Purchase or fabricate a high rise air intake system

I won’t be using it full time for another three years or so when I retire. I will make the upgrades as time and materials present themselves.
I have already learned a great deal from this site and hope to add what I can to it.

Mike (SVG)

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Mike, welcome to Net Tractor Talk and the RTV forum. Congrats on the new RTV.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome aboard Mike............the 06 machines have a history of being reliable, pretty trouble free, and they had fixed the shifting problems with that orange button/knob that you have on the dash.............
Boy oh boy do you have that puppy rigged out nice. Lots of stuff there that folks put out some high dollars for. Glad for you that you have that. For me, I have the plexi-glass back window and it has been just fine for years now. I do have to take it off every couple of years to clean it on the inside as the wire mesh is in the way; but that is just part of the program.
Had to replace both the guage and the sending unit from the tank MANY hours ago. Seems a while back there was lots of talk about this; so perhaps there was a bad batch of guages in those early years............
Anyway, welcome aboard..........God bless......Dennis

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Mike:

Welcome to the RTV Forum. Congrats on your "new" machine. I hope you have many trouble free hours with it. Sounds like both fun and work time are in your future.

If you don't mind saying, what part of the country do you call home?

Lots of good folks here to help with RTV issues and to share stories. Join in anytime and be sure to bring your sense of humor with you.

Photos are appreciated anytime... hint hint hint.

Keifer (aka Keith)

pepr

SUPER Site Supporter
Welcome Mike! You've got a lot of accessories on your machine. I have a 2011 RTV 900 XT that I purchase new in July 2011. Mine has been very reliable from a mechanical aspect, not so true electronically. All gauges and sending units have been replaced on mine during its first year. No problems since.

Does your fuel level gauge indicate empty all the time? A properly operating gauge will indicate full for quite sometime due to the position of the sending unit and the "L" shaped tank.

We love to see pictures.

Best wishes and God Bless!

Philip

SVG

Here’s a picture I took before I left.

Keifer,

I live and work in California but my heart is in Montana. Been going there for many years and that’s where I’ll retire.

Mike

Attachments

• RTV & Rubicon.jpg
    RTV & Rubicon.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 90

Treehouse

Site Supporter
Welcome mike

I have an '06 900 as well. The original fuel cap for the 06s is defective--the threads are not long enough. Kubota made a replacement cap that solves the problem. Kubota sells them for $10. That will put an end to the leak.

Best,

Ben (aka treehouse)

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Hello & Welcome >>>

You have just stepped into the best house on planet earth !!!

( See your a Jeepster also ) Nothing like a Jeep !!!!

Like you, my Jeep stays only a few feet from my RTV, in the toy shed !!!!

............ two guns

Attachments

• Jeep Waters Edge.jpg
    Jeep Waters Edge.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 66

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new to you RTV!

Have you gotten used to the abrupt stop it has when you let off the pedal?

628pm

Site Supporter
You will really like the RTV, we use ours daily. Will be ordering the Boss Vplow when they come in to the dealer, so like you adding things as I go.